Call of Duty: Black Ops Stuttering / Lag Spikes / Frame Drops

I've uploaded a video that shows the type of stuttering/lag spike/frame drops that I have been dealing with since the release of the 12/14 patch. Before the 12/14 patch, I was able to run Extra texture detail, 16xAA @ 120+ FPS. The stuttering only happens when I set Texture Detail to 'Extra'. When I set Texture Detail to 'High' with 8xAA I get no frame drops. I've also noticed since the 12/14 patch, that the map does not 'fully load'. Little things like, trees, rocks, parts of buildings and additional background/foreground (essentialy props) to the map, only appear when I come within a certain distance. I also have noticed, when these 'props' appear on the map it causes a lag spike -- i.e stutter. Not to mention, my variances in frames ranges from 10-250 FPS (with Extra detail).

By uploading this video, I am hoping somebody can help me make sense out of what the lag-o-meter is reporting here and hopefully this will shed some insight to other people experiencing the same issue.

Note:
Zombies SP/MP, Single Player/Campaign and Combat Training all play perfectly with 0 lag/stutter with Extra detail, 8xAA. Only MP has this stuttering issue.

PC Specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 @ 3.64ghz
6gb G.Skill ddr3 @ 1748
2 Sapphire 4850's in CrossfireX
300gb WD Raptor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqVBFJZ328
3 answers Last reply
More about call duty black stuttering spikes frame drops
  1. maybe it's latency causing the stutter? sometimes extremely high latency will cause unusual extended periods of pausing that show a similar effect to graphic stuttering
  2. Thats the thing. #1 it worked PERFECTLY FINE until the 12/14 patch. #2 my ping, in game, is 10-60ms. My internet connection is very strong @ 65mb/s down 15mb/s up.
  3. i have the same exact issue. multiplayer was running smooth until they patched it. now my only problem is the stuttering thing. like.. every 3 to 5 seconds like clockwork my game freezes up for a split second. and ive tried everything to fix it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Call of Duty Lag Graphics