Sign in with
Your question

Sound card for the Sennheiser PC 360?

Last response: in Components
June 18, 2011 10:41:52 PM

Hi there.

So I am very much looking into ordering a pair of Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME, and based on what I've been reading, it would be best to go with a dedicated sound card as well. Right now I only have the on-board on my Asus P8P67...

So I've been looking at a few, and the Asus XONAR DG seems to be the best value. It has a built-in headphone amplifier which I suppose would be very good for this type of headset.

I am mostly looking for good sound in music, but also good for games (which from what I can understand, the PC 360 is a fantastic all-round headset, albeit rather expensive). I generally listen to post-rock, classical and metal.

Anyway, my question is basically if this would be a good combo? Go ahead and throw in other suggestions :D . However, I am not interested in getting a pair of headphones and then a clip-on mic. That's why I have pretty much settled on the PC 360 now... But like I said, suggestion, suggestions, if you have any :) !
June 19, 2011 5:52:20 AM

Hi!

First of all sennheiser PC360 is a superb headphone.
As you like it and want a compatible nice sound card then there is a another option.

Why not buy a ASUS Xoner Xense?It comes with PC 350 headphone and a awesome sound card,provides ultimate performance in gaming as well as music and movies at really nice prices.Check out this link:http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/Audio_Cards/Xonar_Xense/

Beside 360,I'm also confused in to buy a nice headphone for my gaming need.And confused between 360 and 333D.But nearly 15 day ago i bought a 333D headphone.I'm happy with its uses experience,it delivers reach sound quality and comes with an engaged(a little sound card) which deliver 3D sound during gaming.I think its just not work only with gaming its also work fine even in stereo,music and movies.
So there is also a great option is sennhiser's 333D.
m
l
June 19, 2011 1:09:04 PM

vishal s said:
Hi!

First of all sennheiser PC360 is a superb headphone.
As you like it and want a compatible nice sound card then there is a another option.

Why not buy a ASUS Xoner Xense?It comes with PC 350 headphone and a awesome sound card,provides ultimate performance in gaming as well as music and movies at really nice prices.Check out this link:http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/Audio_Cards/Xonar_Xense/

Beside 360,I'm also confused in to buy a nice headphone for my gaming need.And confused between 360 and 333D.But nearly 15 day ago i bought a 333D headphone.I'm happy with its uses experience,it delivers reach sound quality and comes with an engaged(a little sound card) which deliver 3D sound during gaming.I think its just not work only with gaming its also work fine even in stereo,music and movies.
So there is also a great option is sennhiser's 333D.

Thanks for responding!

I did look at the Xonar Xense also, but I think I would prefer the 360 over the 350. The 333D seems like a very good headset as well, but like I said, I think I have settled on the 360 for now :D ; it just seems like it has everything I want from comfort (I really like the velvet-ish stuff on the earcups) to sound and build-quality.

So my question is still if the Xonar DG would be a good sound card for the PC 360? :) 
m
l
Related resources
June 19, 2011 1:14:02 PM

Couldn't edit my last post - apparently I'm not allowed to :) .

So here goes...

I suppose I might as well go ahead and order a pair of PC 360 and see how it sounds with the on-board audio. If it's weak and bad, I guess I'll get a sound card then :) .
m
l
June 19, 2011 2:17:32 PM

you can makes the best out of it, with an amp. it has high impedence so...
m
l
June 19, 2011 2:19:56 PM

MEgamer said:
you can makes the best out of it, with an amp. it has high impedence so...

So you think I should order the Xonar DG?
m
l
June 19, 2011 3:02:57 PM

i fyou can afford it. then yes. or it could be cheaper to get a card from HT omega or auzentech cards that have an built in headphone amp, because that way you are getting the benifits of an amp, while saving ur money.

find out whether you are saving money this way, and if u are go ahead and buy it.
m
l
June 19, 2011 3:04:10 PM

MEgamer said:
i fyou can afford it. then yes. or it could be cheaper to get a card from HT omega or auzentech cards that have an built in headphone amp, because that way you are getting the benifits of an amp, while saving ur money.

find out whether you are saving money this way, and if u are go ahead and buy it.

Well, the Xonar DG itself is rather cheap, and it has a built-in headphone amp.
m
l
June 19, 2011 5:51:37 PM

then i guess you have yourself a purchase :) 
m
l
June 19, 2011 6:33:07 PM

MEgamer said:
then i guess you have yourself a purchase :) 

Indeed I do! Just ordered the headset and the card a few minutes ago! :D 
m
l
June 20, 2011 2:25:19 AM

guywithtwohands said:
Thanks for responding!

I did look at the Xonar Xense also, but I think I would prefer the 360 over the 350. The 333D seems like a very good headset as well, but like I said, I think I have settled on the 360 for now :D ; it just seems like it has everything I want from comfort (I really like the velvet-ish stuff on the earcups) to sound and build-quality.

So my question is still if the Xonar DG would be a good sound card for the PC 360? :) 

Ok, Xonar DG is also a nice card.

If your budget is little high then you can also try Auzen X-Fi Forte 7.1.check out this link: http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_forte.php

Its a really nice sound card,i have it as an alternate of striker because striker is expensive.
m
l
!