Solved

The BEST super quiet PSU

Hey Guys,

Have built a new system, my first ever.

My prob is I built it as a multi function box, bit of gaming/CAD/home media recorder/player etc.

It runs amazingly, never choking when doing many things but at night for home media its loud:( when thats the only thing running.

I have:

Cooler master 922 case w/ extra side fan (only 19dBA)
Zalman 9900 CPU cooler (running via the low speed resistor cable)
Sapphire HD5850 Vapor-X
CM GX650 PSU
i7-950
6Gb Kingston Hyper 2000mHz

Based on good advice I think its the PSU, can anyone recommend a PSU that will run this system super quiet.

Cheers
Daj
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about super quiet
  1. Best answer
    It's definitely the PSU. Coolermaster's PSU are pretty crappy.

What this really comes down to is how much you're wanting to spend. The XFX 650W 80+ Silver is a great PSU, and really cheap at $60 after rebate. However, the SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold would be quieter (less heat produced), but it costs $146 with shipping.

Part of it is probably also due to the CPU fan, as that's not exactly the best one. I'd suggest looking at the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B as well.

I'd say that your best chance for a significant improvement in the noise is to pick up the SeaSonic PSU and the Scythe Mugen, if you want to spend $190. If you want to spend less than that, I'd go wtih the XFX PSU and the new HSF over just the SeaSonic PSU.
  2. Best answer selected by darreng101.
  3. hi
    your componnent is very good but cm 650 gx is very bad chooise this psu after 480 w proudiuce siginificant ripple and noise T bad amper and bad voltag
    for this very good componnent i sugest this psu so that recommended by toms and annandtech
    Corsair AX750
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4011/corsair-ax750-80plus-gold/8
    toms
    December 30, 2010
    Antec TP750
    be Quiet! Straight Power E8 580 W
    Chieftec BPS-750C
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 700
    NZTX HALE90-750M
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product