Sign in with
Your question

Help with a Graphics Card VGA Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 14, 2011 2:18:17 AM

Hi,

I have an Asus EAH3450 graphics card and having some issues with the VGA port. Currently I'm using two identical 20" inch LG monitors, one connected via DVI and the other VGA. In addition to this, today I attempted to connect my TV to the GPU using a VGA splitter so that I can use it for web browsing without being stuck at my desk but I'm not getting a signal.

I did get a brief picture for a while when I first connected the VGA splitter. However I didn't realise that picture quality would be sacrificed by using a splitter so I've scrapped it now. Then I managed to get a picture for about 10 mins with the TV connected to the card directly. Since then (over 10 hours ago) I've not got another picture, my TV doesn't even acknowledge the PC connection exists. If I re-connect the monitor that was originally connected via VGA I get a picture immediately, but switching back to the TVs cable I get nada. I've lowered the resolution to one I know the TV definitely accepts just to make sure this isn't the issue (1024x768), but again no picture :thumbsdow

I connected my laptop to the TV via VGA to make sure it wasn't a fault on the TVs end a picture was displayed perfectly. Plus as stated above I can get a picture using my other monitor on the VGA, so it's not a hardware fault I'm guessing with the TV or card. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this or trial and error procedures?

In 2-4 months I'll be upgrading to a 5770 but in the meantime I need to continue using what I have :( 
January 21, 2011 10:20:54 AM

Not to worry any more guys. I never managed to solve it but have bought a 5670 to replace it now.

Thanks all the same.
!