Asus P5AD2-E Premium won't start unless...

fromjim

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
My computer will only start if I first enter the bios, I have tried using the default settings, upgraded all my drivers, I hate to change the motherboard without being sure.

In my effort to solve the problem I replaced the hard drive which I had cloned from the Old drive, after many attempts I got it to work but each time I shut it down for the night the next day it would not start until I went into the bios , did really nothing, and then it would start. I changed the Bios battery, updated and flashed the Bios with the latest versin 1006.006 but my problem still exists. I did all the scans Seatools for Seagate Barracuda can do and the drive passed all tests.

Ideas please, I suspect problems with my motherboard but want to try all first.

Thanks
God bless
Fromjim

fromjim

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Would the problem be that the P5AD2-E Premium can not accept a sata drive with a transfer rate of 6 GBps?

Although I can get to use the drive after much in and out of the bios, I was trying to erase everything on the drive using Acronis tools and can't since it always asks for a re-boot which can't be done without going into the bios, and to do this I have to shut off the external drive which is where I have now placed the drive, I can't even return the drive since it has too much personal and financial info which I can't clean off the drive.

Please give advice if you can.

Thanks
God bless
Jim