Need some advice about WPF and WPP

Last response: in Video Games
July 17, 2005 12:20:33 AM

WPF: First go for WP. If reached follow escort target. Right?
Question: If an intercept order AND escort with a different target is set, will my ship follow first the intercept target, then if destroyed, go to the WP and if reach go at last to the escort target?

WPP: First go for WP then for escort target or to intercept target. Right?

Question:

Imagine a situtation where you as Scav operate with a big number of Inamoratas, but spreaded in smaller packs to cover a bigger area and to avoid risking the whole fleet due to exploding cloaked minefields.

Now an intruder enters at a single location but one of this small groups is not strong enough to hanndle them. Now an idea is to let a suited number of the groups meet (after traveling the same number of light years at same speed of 380) each other at one point of space from where them intercept the atttacker.
WPP or WPF could be used to implement such maneuver. But will it work in real game. I mean will my Inamorata packs all fight in the same vcr?

One (maybe silly) question nearby: What is the real difference between intercept and escort? I mean what - except that intercept comes before escort and that escort has a special function with chunneling - can interccept what escort is not able to do? And: I know wings stop after intercepting and destroying a target. What's with escort (don't know why I never checked it)?

Thanks in advance

GFM GToeroe

--
GFM GToeroe alias Gabor Törö
gfm@gtoeroe.de

More about : advice wpf wpp

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 12:20:34 AM

Doesn't Intercept clear itself once the target is reached?
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 1:10:12 AM

> One (maybe silly) question nearby: What is the real difference between intercept and escort?

Intercept occurs when an unspecified target comes into range and the
ship or wing can intercept. Escorting a target has to be manually done
by selecting a specified target. I know there other ways of using both
but this is the real difference. Anyway, why do I feel like the cub
teaching the tiger to hunt :-(
July 17, 2005 7:33:59 AM

> I meant the normal escort and intercept butston

Yes, I spoke of normal intercept without the auto part. I now
understand your question however, and now that I do I have nothing
constructive to add ;-(

> > but this is the real difference. Anyway, why do I feel like the cub
> > teaching the tiger to hunt :-(
>
> We all have gaps.

Yes, but my world had turned up side down upon thinking that you asked
had this question Master :-)

Robert
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 7:35:33 AM

Well, that handy little bit of info just went into the memory bank.
Thanks :-)
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 1:29:53 PM

"soxee" <crooksy9@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1121573411.964808.169290@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> > One (maybe silly) question nearby: What is the real difference between intercept and escort?
>
> Intercept occurs when an unspecified target comes into range and the
> ship or wing can intercept. Escorting a target has to be manually done
> by selecting a specified target. I know there other ways of using both
You speak of autointercept, right?
I meant the normal escort and intercept butston

> but this is the real difference. Anyway, why do I feel like the cub
> teaching the tiger to hunt :-(

We all have gaps.
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 1:30:52 PM

"Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1121553176.417749.251310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Doesn't Intercept clear itself once the target is reached?

If target is destroyed, right?
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 3:57:42 PM

Copy from host changes (just in case you whave forgot to read;o):"

Command code WPP (Waypoint Priority) causes ships to go to their waypoint
before going to their intercept target or escort target. The ship will
switch to the intercept or escort target as soon as waypoint is reached. A
ship can move to a waypoint and then move in an intercept course during the
same turn

Ship Command Code WPF causes the waypoint to be used instead of the escort
target for movement. If the ship has no waypoint set then the escort target
is used instead.
"
Addition from me:

When WPF is used the ship will stop if the waypoint is reached. Next turn
it´ll continue to move to escort target.

My advice: Set WPP for all of your groups. Set a meeting point for all, too.
Let one group lead the other (leading group should be the one with the
longest distance to the meeting point, means the group which arrive at last)
and set the other groups to escort the leading group. Set the leading group
to intercept the target.
This should make sure the groups are joined if they face the target.

Greetings
Sebastian
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:11:20 AM

"Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3juoeuFri2d0U1@news.dfncis.de...
> When WPF is used the ship will stop if the waypoint is reached. Next turn
> it´ll continue to move to escort target.

Ok, then its still broken

> My advice: Set WPP for all of your groups. Set a meeting point for all, too.
> Let one group lead the other (leading group should be the one with the
> longest distance to the meeting point, means the group which arrive at last)
> and set the other groups to escort the leading group. Set the leading group
> to intercept the target.
> This should make sure the groups are joined if they face the target.

Ok, thanks.

GFM GToeroe
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 12:10:35 PM

> When WPF is used the ship will stop if the waypoint is reached. Next
turn
> it´ll continue to move to escort target.

Ok, then its still broken

I think it work as Tim wants. The ship stops till end of turn so it can use
devices ofer bases/planets. Althought I never have used this.

WPP is much more useful.

Greetings
Sebastian
!