Dell Inspiron 530S video drivers

G

hi all, anyone help!! im trying to play on a game except when i try load the game up it says "could not init 3D system, shader model 2.0 is required, please install the latest video drivers" is there anywhere i can download free drivers to play this game ? i have a dell inspirion 530s. thanks.

khubani

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
G

hi khubani, thanks for that tried that but the driver listed is in fact older than the version i got?

khubani

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
That's to be expected, most manufacturers list drivers and do not frequently keep them updated. Try running Windows update via Start->Windows Update, or through your system's Control Panel, under Start->Settings->Control Panel->Windows Update. If at all, Windows may be able to find a later version for your drivers. If Windows Update fails to find your drives, you may already have the latest drivers to be installed.

If you would like to continue, you could goto Start->Run->DxDiag. Once you enter that, click on the "Display" tab and check if it identifies your graphic card in a more detailed manner. If so, you can google the drivers for that card, or goto their website.

For example, if it was an ATI Card, you would goto www.ati.com
If it was NVIDIA, you would goto www.nvidia.com
So and so forth! Good luck.