Epson R200 Printer Cartridge

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
February 11, 2005 1:23:37 AM

Greetings.

I just replaced an ink cartridge on the Epson R200. Curious I was to see
what was inside of the old one so I dissected the case and was surprised to
see a clear cellophane covering which showed the "innards" of the
cartdridge. To my surprise, the cartridge still contained almost 1/4 amount
of ink!

My question to the group. Has anyone else experienced this?

As a matter of course, should I weigh each new cartridge before use and then
again aftwards when the printer "tells me ti replace it."

I hope this was just an isolated incident as it appears to be a costly waste
of ink.

Thanks

Mark
February 11, 2005 2:15:11 AM

In article <cuh8fp$sqd@dispatch.concentric.net>, 2061a@cnc.net says...
> Greetings.
>
> I just replaced an ink cartridge on the Epson R200. Curious I was to see
> what was inside of the old one so I dissected the case and was surprised to
> see a clear cellophane covering which showed the "innards" of the
> cartdridge. To my surprise, the cartridge still contained almost 1/4 amount
> of ink!
>
> My question to the group. Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> As a matter of course, should I weigh each new cartridge before use and then
> again aftwards when the printer "tells me ti replace it."
>
> I hope this was just an isolated incident as it appears to be a costly waste
> of ink.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Not unusual... Its Epsons way of preventing the printhead from being run dry.
All those convoluted channels inside the cartridge are there simply to
prevent re-filling.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

There is a program you can get online for free (Though I don't have the
address in front of me) that is supposed to be much more accurate at
telling how much ink is left in an Epson printer. Maybe do a search for
it, I have it at work, seems to work pretty well.

Larry wrote:
> In article <cuh8fp$sqd@dispatch.concentric.net>, 2061a@cnc.net says...
>
>>Greetings.
>>
>>I just replaced an ink cartridge on the Epson R200. Curious I was to see
>>what was inside of the old one so I dissected the case and was surprised to
>>see a clear cellophane covering which showed the "innards" of the
>>cartdridge. To my surprise, the cartridge still contained almost 1/4 amount
>>of ink!
>>
>>My question to the group. Has anyone else experienced this?
>>
>>As a matter of course, should I weigh each new cartridge before use and then
>>again aftwards when the printer "tells me ti replace it."
>>
>>I hope this was just an isolated incident as it appears to be a costly waste
>>of ink.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Mark
>>

> Not unusual... Its Epsons way of preventing the printhead from being run dry.
> All those convoluted channels inside the cartridge are there simply to
> prevent re-filling.

February 11, 2005 7:36:35 PM

In fact, I change the print cartridge onlywhen it runs dry. I also got
refills for my lexmark printer, 18 euro for 2 1/2 refills of black ink.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitriïs
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
> Greetings.
>
> I just replaced an ink cartridge on the Epson R200. Curious I was to see
> what was inside of the old one so I dissected the case and was surprised
> see a clear cellophane covering which showed the "innards" of the
> cartdridge. To my surprise, the cartridge still contained almost 1/4
amount
> of ink!
>
> My question to the group. Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> As a matter of course, should I weigh each new cartridge before use and
then
> again aftwards when the printer "tells me ti replace it."
>
> I hope this was just an isolated incident as it appears to be a costly
waste
> of ink.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 10:57:14 PM

Dirk Wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I just replaced an ink cartridge on the Epson R200. Curious I was to
> see
> what was inside of the old one so I dissected the case and was
> surprised to
> see a clear cellophane covering which showed the "innards" of the
> cartdridge. To my surprise, the cartridge still contained almost 1/4
> amount
> of ink!
>
> My question to the group. Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> As a matter of course, should I weigh each new cartridge before use and
> then
> again aftwards when the printer "tells me ti replace it."
>
> I hope this was just an isolated incident as it appears to be a costly
> waste
> of ink.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

I have a HP printer at home that only does 4X6 pictures, and when the
window comes up with the low ink or out of ink warning. I can still
print alot of pictures. There is alot left. So I leave it in the
printer longer then they would like you to.

Charlie

Visit this online Store for instant download of 1,000's of products
Go to: http://www.saleseeker.snappyshop.com

--
Ranger84
!