Ogamy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I've recently noticed that my computer continually keeps locking up, it never used to, but whenever I try to switch to a different browser, or even when I type something quickly, it lags behind a good few sentances.
I have done a virus scan, and well, nothing came up.. I also recently brought a new mobo and ram "no for this reason however" but still, it continually locks up..

Is there anything to check, or software to check for any problems?

I know that everything is connected fine inside, and all of the hardware -should be fine-.. but I believe I either have a virus... or something slowing me way down.

Any help would be great.

jb6684

Distinguished
You can get a second hard drive and install the operating system and browser from scratch. Then, if you Don't have a problem, move over your data from your old hard disk. And, start reinstalling programs you need.... (I've found no magic bullet to fix a slowed down version of MS Windows, you just have to reload them after 2--3 years...)

IF you still have a problem, then its your hardware. Post details of MB, RAM, CPU, ...etc and folks can help diagnose from there

BTW, Did you actually install the new motherboard and RAM ????

Ogamy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I have only had windows 7 installed for roughly 5 months, I wouldn't expect that but who knows.. New harddrive was the reason, but it hasn't been since the time I installed it on it.

I guess I will have to post my hardware, as I don't see any other way...

and Yes... I did install my newly purchased items..

TRENDING THREADS