Install Error

I have a player who is trying to install Planets on Windows XP.

He gets and error: "unexpected error 50003"

Any idea what is wrong?

He's downloaded the file multiple time and someone else even gave him a
CD with a copy they downloaded.

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Emm, had a quick look around for a solution and there are many
conflicting answers:

What microsoft says:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;194414

Other says that you VB runtime files are out of whack and you need to
reinstall them:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bf9a24f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&DisplayLang=en
Try the above URL for the VB6 runtime files.

I am not saying that this is an answer, because I also have an XP
machine and I have installed Planets4 and I have not experienced the
problem you described. In short it could be one of many things. Sorry I
can't be of any real help.

I have Xp pro with service pack 2, I had no trouble with the installation of
vgap 4.

So it should work, try to update to sp2.