Budget Watercooling Case

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Hello,
I will be purchasing an XSPC RX360 watercooling kit in July, and I'm kind of stuck on what case to get that would be able to house a triple radiator. I don't want to go all out and get a super expensive case like the Corsair 800D. Are there any good but not overly expensive cases that would be able to house the RX360?

this is what is says about the Gamma case

The Gamma places a premium on effective airflow with 6 fan capability including dedicated VGA/CPU cooling and a unique front panel design that allows extra air to enter through the front. NZXT also includes pre-drilled watercooling holes on the backplate and mounting holes for a dual radiator at the top. Gamma gives you everything you need for a meticulously clean build with punched motherboard holes and a turned HDD cage which keeps cabling as discrete as possible.

Excellent Expandability with 11 Drive Bays
Featuring four 5.25" external drive bays, and seven 3.5" internal drive bays, the NZXT Gamma GAMA-001BK case provides excellent expandability.
Exceptional Cooling Performance
The NZXT Gamma GAMA-001BK The NZXT BETA EVO features a meshed front panel for enhanced heat dissipation and a rear 120mm fan for maximum airflow. The chassis also supports mounting of five additional 120mm fans for the ultimate cooling performance.
Superior Cable Management
The NZXT Gamma GAMA-001BK features a turned HDD cage and punched side panel design for optimal wire routing.
Easily Upgrade to Liquid Cooling
The NZXT Gamma GAMA-001BK features dual rear retaining holes for easy installation of liquid cooling systems.
Convenient Front I/O Panel
The front side I/O panel enables easy access to two USB 2.0 ports, one eSATA port and two audio ports

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
originally i was going to go with upgrading my sandy bridge system by adding a triple radiator, but now i think i'll be building a new bulldozer machine and using an XSPC RX240 instead, which is a 240mm radiator. what case should i get now? would the cooler master storm enforcer do fine? or do you have any other suggestions (preferably with a side window)

qwwwizx

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
Or buy a normal tower chassis with 10x 5 1/4" bays in the front. a typical 3x120mm rad should fit in where the 5 1/4" bays are normally placed. My rad is a 3x140mm which are wider and can almost go in there.

If you do it like that, then make the fans push from the front, through the rad into the computer. It give pretty good cooling in the chassis.

This is with the 3x140mm radiator, which is a little too wide to go completely inside the chassis, but your 3x120mm should be fine.

IMG_20110606_203229.jpg

more about it here: http://sites.google.com/site/qwwwizx/watercooling/cooler-master-stacker-830