Your question
Closed

RAM is defaulting to 533MHz/DDR1066

Tags:
  • Memory
  • RAM
Last response: in Memory
February 21, 2012 4:22:02 AM

Hi, first time posting here, hoping I can get some help.
I just built a budget pc with a Biostar A880GZ with a AMD FX4100 CPU (combo from newegg)
I loaded it with Patriot G series 1600MHz Sector 5 RAM (2x4GB)

My problem is that my RAM is defaulting to DDR3-1066. When I go to MCT Timing Mode and set it for Manual it then gives me the Memclock Value menu. When I change it to DDR3-1600 and restart the rig it won't boot and I have to clear the bios to boot again. If I go to the DRAM Timing Mode menu and choose to configure both it gives me a whole list of fields that are set to auto, I think that if I enter the correct info in these fields I can get this thing fixed. The fields are:
CAS Latency
2TCommand
TRCD
TRP
TRTP
TRAS
TRC
TWR
TRRD
TRWTTO
TWRRD
TWTR
TRDRD
TRFCO
TRFC1
TRFC2
TRFC3

and then that list repeats once more.
the only field that doesn't say auto is 2TCommand and it says 1T instead

I was having problems overclocking the CPU in this rig because it is nothing like any other I have oced before but I figured out that when I dropped it into manual it set all settings to the lowest and I had to raise the voltage to match the clock I set.
Currently the CPU is set at :
Core FID [x21.0 4200MHz]
Core VID[1.3375 V]
Core DID[Divided by 1]
NB FID[2200MHz]
NB VID[1.2250 V]

I have no idea what Core DID means and I suspect NB means north bridge...
I overclocked the cpu from the stock 3.6 GHz to 4.2 and more or less made a semi educated guess at what voltage to use.

Can I please get some help to properly configure/overclock this rig?
My main problem right now is the RAM running at 533MHz when it is supposed to run 1600MHz stock and I was really hoping to get 1866 out of it...
Oh and for some reason my temps on the processor are all out of wack, it claims to be like 42 degrees F. I know this is not possible. When I stress tested in prime 95 for about an hour is said 120 F on all four cores which sounds better but when it isn't being stressed it claims absurdly low temps.
Any help is appreciated.

More about : ram defaulting 533mhz ddr1066

a b } Memory
February 21, 2012 11:17:50 AM

I THINK (although i'm probably wrong) that the RAM is running at 533mhz so it isn't faster than the FSB. This can be prevented in the BIOS configurations. Look for something like Memory Divider. Set it to 2 then change the FSB to something like 500 (just to be safe) and the lower multiplier to x8.
This should give you a 4.0ghz CPU and a RAM running at 1000mhz.

Once again I'm probably wrong so take my advice with a sh*tload of salt or just wait for someone with more knowledge to help you
Score
February 22, 2012 3:29:09 AM

akxpckwb said:
I THINK (although i'm probably wrong) that the RAM is running at 533mhz so it isn't faster than the FSB. This can be prevented in the BIOS configurations. Look for something like Memory Divider. Set it to 2 then change the FSB to something like 500 (just to be safe) and the lower multiplier to x8.
This should give you a 4.0ghz CPU and a RAM running at 1000mhz.

Once again I'm probably wrong so take my advice with a sh*tload of salt or just wait for someone with more knowledge to help you

There is no Memory Divider or similarly named option that I can find. Also, and I sound for a noob like saying this but I can't find an obvious front side bus field. I have used it on older computers but this bios doesn't have the option anywhere that I can see.... i hate my mobo.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b } Memory
February 22, 2012 5:01:47 PM

After some research I found this which would help you a lot http://www.overclock.net/t/1140459/bulldozer-overclocki...
basically you can't find front side bus field because it's called CPU host clock or HTT and the memory multiplier is called memory clock. I do however recommend that you read the full post since I'm new to this stuff and could have misunderstood something
March 3, 2012 6:10:29 AM

Best answer selected by mitan.
Score
a c 146 } Memory
March 9, 2012 4:34:58 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!