Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Compatibility
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2011 1:49:38 PM

I ordered an ASUS mobo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and a eVGA GTX 460.

Are these completely incompatible?

When I go to installmy video card, the nVidia install says that it does not recognize any compatible video hardware.

Thank you for the help, and if I need to get another video card, can someone point me in the direction of one that could run Black Ops decently well and not too overpriced that is also compatible with my mobo?

Thanks again.

More about : mobo video card incompatible

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 2:27:09 PM

Have you disabled the IGP in bios and uninstalled the ATI drivers before installing the nVidia drivers? There is no reason they wouldn't be compatable that I know of.
January 15, 2011 7:12:39 PM

benski said:
Have you disabled the IGP in bios and uninstalled the ATI drivers before installing the nVidia drivers? There is no reason they wouldn't be compatable that I know of.

Yeah, I read somewhere that you needed to disable the Onboard graphics, and my bios had something called Internal Graphics Mode, and the manual didn't explain what it was at all, but it was the only thing I saw that had to do with video. I disabled it, and now I can't even see anything at all when I boot up.

Can you help at all?

Thanks...
m
l
Related resources
January 15, 2011 7:26:47 PM

benski said:

Idk what the hell I did, but it's working now. Thanks
m
l
January 15, 2011 7:26:59 PM

Best answer selected by gibsonfirebird12.
m
l
!