Just got my 6950 and...

I am having a bit of a issue. When i go into ATi overdrive, in CCC i noticed that the clock setting were at 765Mhz.... I thought this card is supposed to be at 800Mhz? i will show you a screen shot of what im talking about.

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8505/1152011111145am.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
15 answers Last reply
More about just 6950
  1. That is strange.
    But not a problem.
    Just clock it to 800Mhz.
    Brand?
  2. plznote said:
    That is strange.
    But not a problem.
    Just clock it to 800Mhz.
    Brand?

XFX
  3. Hmm, I'm not sure if you have the most up-to-date drivers. I believe I had that problem at first until I applied the 10.12 drivers w/ hotfix. You're idle clocks should be at 250/150.
  4. Do you have some other OC tool, like MSI afterburner on? If you adjust that slider, it may override what ever program altered the 3d clock.
  5. You need to update to 10.12 drivers. You're lucky that's your only problem. I have a 6970, and I've had a hell of a time trying to get every thing to work. Try to download and install the Catalyst Control Center. Then check to see if the 10.12 drivers installed with it. I had to install them separately for some reason. Let us know if the issue remains.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

By the way: When I OC in Afterburner, CCC automatically recognizes the new clock settings.
  6. It may just be the drivers are a little old but I had a similar problem after flashing my HD6950, CCC did not set the correct speeds, all I needed to do was click the defaults button and all was well.
  7. Dougx1317 said:
    You need to update to 10.12 drivers. You're lucky that's your only problem. I have a 6970, and I've had a hell of a time trying to get every thing to work. Try to download and install the Catalyst Control Center. Then check to see if the 10.12 drivers installed with it. I had to install them separately for some reason. Let us know if the issue remains.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

By the way: When I OC in Afterburner, CCC automatically recognizes the new clock settings.

Same here, but when I first installed the 6970 after I already had the MSI afterburner set for the 6950, the ATI Overdrive settings were messed up at first.

8. Same here, but when I first installed the 6970 after I already had the MSI afterburner set for the 6950, the ATI Overdrive settings were messed up at first.

Sorry to go off topic, but did you have any trouble with Windows? I still can't get the WEI to run. Do you have this issue or know how to fix it? It took a while before I managed to get Aero working too.
  9. What is WEI?
  10. After I reset Afterburner, the only issue I've had was with Internet explorer web pages that have flash videos. I use Firefox now. Although all I had to do was close a page I viewed a flash video on and it fixed itself, but Firefox has no issues.
  11. Its weird that i cant update my drivers to 10.12. When i do, it still just says 10.11
  12. You better uninstall the drivers first. Then try to install the 10.12 drivers from safe mode. The 6900 does not work with the 10.11 drivers.
  13. WEI is the Windows Experience Index. (Right click Computer and click Properties)

I had the same issue with not being able to install the drivers to 10.12. Download and install the driver separately, not the CCC package.
  14. Dougx1317 said:
    WEI is the Windows Experience Index. (Right click Computer and click Properties)

I had the same issue with not being able to install the drivers to 10.12. Download and install the driver separately, not the CCC package.

Yea i got it. I just downloaded the Catalyst Software Suite (64 bit) English Only which is the CCC and the drivers.
  15. I had to download the driver only and install it. It didn't install with the suite like it's suppose to. Try downloading the 55.6MB file labeled "Display Driver" and install it. That's what worked for me.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx#2
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overdrive ATI Graphics