Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Just got my 6950 and...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 15, 2011 2:26:13 PM

I am having a bit of a issue. When i go into ATi overdrive, in CCC i noticed that the clock setting were at 765Mhz.... I thought this card is supposed to be at 800Mhz? i will show you a screen shot of what im talking about.




Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More about : 6950

a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 2:43:12 PM

That is strange.
But not a problem.
Just clock it to 800Mhz.
Brand?
m
0
l
January 15, 2011 3:08:44 PM

plznote said:
That is strange.
But not a problem.
Just clock it to 800Mhz.
Brand?



XFX
m
0
l
Related resources
January 15, 2011 3:20:04 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure if you have the most up-to-date drivers. I believe I had that problem at first until I applied the 10.12 drivers w/ hotfix. You're idle clocks should be at 250/150.
m
0
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 3:34:12 PM

Do you have some other OC tool, like MSI afterburner on? If you adjust that slider, it may override what ever program altered the 3d clock.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 5:10:21 PM

You need to update to 10.12 drivers. You're lucky that's your only problem. I have a 6970, and I've had a hell of a time trying to get every thing to work. Try to download and install the Catalyst Control Center. Then check to see if the 10.12 drivers installed with it. I had to install them separately for some reason. Let us know if the issue remains.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win...

By the way: When I OC in Afterburner, CCC automatically recognizes the new clock settings.
m
0
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 5:27:18 PM

It may just be the drivers are a little old but I had a similar problem after flashing my HD6950, CCC did not set the correct speeds, all I needed to do was click the defaults button and all was well.
m
0
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 6:06:14 PM

Dougx1317 said:
You need to update to 10.12 drivers. You're lucky that's your only problem. I have a 6970, and I've had a hell of a time trying to get every thing to work. Try to download and install the Catalyst Control Center. Then check to see if the 10.12 drivers installed with it. I had to install them separately for some reason. Let us know if the issue remains.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win...

By the way: When I OC in Afterburner, CCC automatically recognizes the new clock settings.


Same here, but when I first installed the 6970 after I already had the MSI afterburner set for the 6950, the ATI Overdrive settings were messed up at first.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 6:11:40 PM

bystander said:


Same here, but when I first installed the 6970 after I already had the MSI afterburner set for the 6950, the ATI Overdrive settings were messed up at first.
[/b]

Sorry to go off topic, but did you have any trouble with Windows? I still can't get the WEI to run. Do you have this issue or know how to fix it? It took a while before I managed to get Aero working too.
m
0
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 6:25:23 PM

What is WEI?
m
0
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 6:27:17 PM

After I reset Afterburner, the only issue I've had was with Internet explorer web pages that have flash videos. I use Firefox now. Although all I had to do was close a page I viewed a flash video on and it fixed itself, but Firefox has no issues.
m
0
l
January 15, 2011 8:03:48 PM

Its weird that i cant update my drivers to 10.12. When i do, it still just says 10.11
m
0
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 8:07:25 PM

You better uninstall the drivers first. Then try to install the 10.12 drivers from safe mode. The 6900 does not work with the 10.11 drivers.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2011 10:38:08 PM

WEI is the Windows Experience Index. (Right click Computer and click Properties)

I had the same issue with not being able to install the drivers to 10.12. Download and install the driver separately, not the CCC package.
m
0
l
January 15, 2011 11:04:11 PM

Dougx1317 said:
WEI is the Windows Experience Index. (Right click Computer and click Properties)

I had the same issue with not being able to install the drivers to 10.12. Download and install the driver separately, not the CCC package.



Yea i got it. I just downloaded the Catalyst Software Suite (64 bit) English Only which is the CCC and the drivers.
m
0
l
!