Which graphic card for designing

Saher

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Hi all

I'm building new PC but still i didn't decide which graphic card is good for my usage and i want to get Quadro or Firepro because it's better than GTX,HD for designing and video editing but i don't know if there is big different between them or no ?

my budget 300-400$

usage: design,video editing,3D,etc

Thank you

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
All the professional series cards are nothing but a big scam to make workstation costumers pay 3x the real value of a card.

Either a gtx570 or a 6970 would be the best at that price point, though if you're using adobe CS5 the geforce would be a better option due to CUDA acceleration support.

Saher

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
what i know is the differences between them is the drivers only?

what about video editing does GTX 570 better than HD 6970

because i was using HD 4890 it runs slowly in Photoshop CS4 and video editing like Vegas and After effects

Thank you

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

Im pretty sure professional series cards have much better support, drivers, and quality to last in a business environment.

Abdullio

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
I'm pretty sure wiinippongamer is right.

I've owned many graphics cards over the years, but currently I own 3 desktop cards and one workstation card. The workstation card is the most expensive, performs the WORST and is the only one with problems (graphics issues).

The whole "performs better for business" is a load of garbage. I work in a company that writes CAD software and other applications that use DirectX/OpenGL and I can tell you that the most trouble we ever had was with the early on-board Intel cards and some early nVidia cards, but these days we rarely if ever run into card issues, running all sorts of business applications (our own and 3rd party ones).