New system build ;2500$; Intel I7 2600K, Asus P8P67 WS Rev B3

ghemul

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Hello everybody,
This is my second system build so I could say I am an above beginner level.
I am currently building a new system to be used for:
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign – work - print design for the moment
- 3D: Zbrush, 3DS, Cinema 4d, Maya – personal learning & possible work in the future
- Gaming: not a hardcore gamer – don’t want to max out everything – also have a PS3
The budget: 2500$ for system only. Parts will be bought here locally in Romania
And now for the system:
MOBO: Asus P8P67 WS Rev B3 – if its out, here it hasn’t hit the stores
Processor: Intel I7 2600K
Cooler: open for suggestions; must not get in the way of the memory slots and pci-e; good cooling properties
Cooling paste: arctic silver 5; Open for suggestions
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz 8gb(2x4 dims) or if I can find them Corsair Dominator with airflow fan – what is the DHX connector ( the radiator ? )
Here it gets weird: the majority of memory dims specified in the Asus list are triple channel; whereas the mobo is dual channel from what I could find. Is there a mistake in there, or I am missing something
GPU: Leadtek GTX 570 – all the leadtek I own are still going. Open to suggestions; SLI is an issue, is there anybody who tested 2 of these in sli ? I am thinking of getting another one in the near future
HDD: Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB. I am kinda old-school so I don’t trust the SDD, or their so-to-speak tendency to commit suicide; Will probably go to ssd in the future. Also I had to cut some money of the storage to put in a decent monitor
Optical: dvd writer / bd reader – as long as it works, I don’t really care here
PSU: Chieftec Nitro 1200W – have a Chieftec right now – it’s a good value / performance , I think; open to suggestions
CASE: must find one that could hold 2 GTX 570 in SLI; looked at Chieftec Dragon MediumTower, a Silverstone Fortress ( found a review where it holds 2 GTX 580 – asus made which take up 3 slots)