Which of these power supplies should I get?

jd299

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Like said above, the 520 watt unit will be enough. On a side note, you have chosen a P67 motherboard along with a CPU which cannot be overclocked. Unless you want to upgrade to a 'k' series CPU later on, you can save even more by going for a cheaper H67 chipset based board.

jd299

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
That's true, but I know for sure I'll never do SLI or Crossfire, just RAM and processor upgrades years down the line.

And there's only two sorta highly rated H67 boards on Newegg that have a Firewire port, and both of those boards have a lot of problems apparently.

Sure. As long as you are not running the PSU at its max rating, you will get reasonable life out of the UPS.

One of my systems has an OC'd Q9550, 4 GB RAM, a GTX260 - a card with higher power requirements than yours, a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard, 3 hard drives and an optical, and a Soundblaster card all powered by a Corsair 750TX.

Running 3 instances of Prime95 to load the CPU and 3DMark06 to load the GPU, it pulls 375 watts from the wall as measured by my Kill-a-Watt meter. Figuring 80% efficiency, the system pulls 300 watts from the PSU.

Your system should use about the same or a little less. 300 watts is well inside the rating of your UPS.