Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Bulldozer release date announcement:

Last response: in CPUs
June 20, 2011 5:05:35 PM

bnot said:
any expected release date for Bulldozer?

Release date is TBA
Score
Related resources
a c 103 à CPUs
June 20, 2011 5:19:24 PM

check the bulldozer sticky at the top of the forum ofr news/gossip/speculation
Moto
Score
June 20, 2011 6:01:02 PM

There is no official announcement yet, but expecting within the end of this year.
Score
a b à CPUs
June 20, 2011 6:11:34 PM

AMD said it "should" be Q2 or Q3 this year... So basically any time. But we've already been waiting for ages!
Score
a c 478 à CPUs
June 20, 2011 6:50:27 PM

As of the Rick Bergmen's (senior vice president and general manager of AMD's products group) CES 2011 presentation on June 1st, Bulldozer is slated to be introduce 60 - 90 days from that point in time.

That means sometime in August/September.
Score
June 21, 2011 5:31:58 PM

how come my friend was telling me about bulldozer 4 years ago, and its still waiting for release? if they announced it that long ago how come they still havent repleased it?

im not very good with stuff like this, but have they just been developing it for ages?
Score
a c 103 à CPUs
June 21, 2011 7:08:04 PM

Bit like world war one lol,
**Bulldozer will be released by christmas**
WWI 1914-1918 hehe
:p 
Score
a c 127 à CPUs
June 21, 2011 10:19:22 PM

bnot said:
how come my friend was telling me about bulldozer 4 years ago, and its still waiting for release? if they announced it that long ago how come they still havent repleased it?

im not very good with stuff like this, but have they just been developing it for ages?

Originally it was to be K10 (Phenom) and then Bulldozer was in the works to be released after that. But K10 failed in performance so they cancelled the original Bulldozer project and revamped K10 to K10.5 (Phenom II).

They then ressurected Bulldozer in its current state, in fact the original one was quite a bit different than the current one is.
Score
a b à CPUs
July 1, 2011 7:48:00 PM

AMD is committing it's engineering resources to other products, as they should. AMD's engineering resources are tiny compared to Intel's.

They are looking to be big contenders in the mobile segment, SOC's, graphics, game console gpu's, etc.

They are not delegating all their resources to be #1 in the desktop cpu market, that's not even close to the top of their list. Hence the delays, they are far more interested in other markets. Intel is moving so fast, they are just pissing off the consumer by coming out with a new motherboard every few months. It shows because both the P55 and P67 both had problems upon release and had to be recalled.

AMD is content with letting them compete with themselves.

The desktop is dead and they know it.

The result is Llano is spanking Sandy Bridge in the mobile segment because the graphics are FAR superior to Sandy Bridge.
Score
a c 127 à CPUs
July 2, 2011 4:36:50 AM

geekapproved said:
AMD is committing it's engineering resources to other products, as they should. AMD's engineering resources are tiny compared to Intel's.

They are looking to be big contenders in the mobile segment, SOC's, graphics, game console gpu's, etc.

They are not delegating all their resources to be #1 in the desktop cpu market, that's not even close to the top of their list. Hence the delays, they are far more interested in other markets. Intel is moving so fast, they are just pissing off the consumer by coming out with a new motherboard every few months. It shows because both the P55 and P67 both had problems upon release and had to be recalled.

AMD is content with letting them compete with themselves.

The desktop is dead and they know it.

The result is Llano is spanking Sandy Bridge in the mobile segment because the graphics are FAR superior to Sandy Bridge.

For one, desktops are far from dead. I hate laptops. Desktops offer better performance, actual ability to customize and as well cost less for better performance. Most $1K laptops come with a dual core CPU, 4GB of RAM and a GTS450 at best. $1K for a desktop gives you a quad core CPU, 8GB of RAM (or more), a HD6970/GTX570 and even enough for a SSD for the OS and 1TB+ for a data drive.

Second, the P55 chipset had no problems. The only problem there was was the socket which was not controlable by Intel. It was Foxconn who made a bad socket design that caused issues which is also why not all P55 chipset mobos had the issues, for example the majority of Asus mobos were fine.

And third, AMD is very worried about the server market where they can make more money than all the ones you mentioned combined.

As far as Bulldozers delays are concerned, the only info we have seen are rumors. Llano is great for graphics but if thats not your priority and you do more CPU intensive tasks, its the equivalent to a Athlon II X4 in performance.
Score
July 2, 2011 1:47:14 PM

Quote:
wouldnt say its a virus, just a tad random.

sorry wrong link, it was copied to my Clipboard, but its related to bulldozer yes?, anyway, i cant seem to find the correct link anymore damn.
Score
a b à CPUs
July 2, 2011 4:26:38 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!