Getting red and blue lines and dots

DubbL00

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
This was my first time building and a friend helped me. When i turn it on i get red and blue lines and dots horizontally on my screen. As well, when i load my GPU drives my system crashes at restart (blue screen).

This build is used for gaming, mostly WoW at the moment. but i am sure i will get into some other hardcore games that are out there in the near future. just got high speed connection where i live, has been unavailable until now....i despise dial-up.

My built is this:
Case: Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
CPU: I7 860
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W ATX12V V2.2
GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N465MT-1GI GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
(i plan to put another set in)

HD: Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
(i plan to put a SSD in soon)

DVD drive: Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

as this is my first time building i am not sure what is the cause, but i have done a lot of forum searching and research. i have taken apart and rebuilt the system to make sure everything was connected well. I have come to think that either my PSU is not large enough or maybe a faulty video card.

as well when building the system and encountered the lines/dots/crash. we did take the video card out of my system and swapped it with my buddy's. i am not sure what his card was, but i know it was a lot less quality than mine. with his video card i had no lines/dots, sadly we did not install his drivers so i do not know if it would have crashed with them loaded. Also when doing this we put my video card into his comp and he had the same red and blue lines and dots. Agian we did not load the drivers onto his comp so i do not know if it would have crashed his system. his MB was very similar to mine, and his PSU was a 550w compared to my 600w.

i would appreciate any help in this matter, as well i now know that my MB is only ATI CrossfireX rdy and not SLI rdy. which i had been considering at a later date getting a 2nd GPU. any thoughts on if i should get a different GPU that is ATI CrossfireX or should this be enough for gaming and some future gaming as it is? and with 2 GPU's i am guessing i should go ahead and get a larger PSU.