Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel integrated 3000 graphic vs graphic card

Last response: in Systems
March 20, 2011 4:37:05 PM

Hello, This is aslam,
i'm planning to buy new intel i5 2500k overclock version but i want to use integrated graphic with overclocking feature.

i want system configuration as

intel i5 2500k
gigabyte or asus mobo.
4 GB ddr3 ram
1 TB seaget HDD

as i know that integrated graphic work with H67 series only but no overclocking with H67 board, for overclocking i have to go for P67 series but no support for integrated graphic will be there, means i will have to spend money on graphic card as well.

i'm just an average gamer.

what do you suggest should i go for integrated graphic ( and compromise with overclocking)

OR

should i go with overclocking and forget about integrated graphic and should spend more money on addon graphic card?

does integrated graphic worthy enough to compromise with overclocking?

Please ans.all these questions

Thanks.

ASLAM
March 20, 2011 4:44:16 PM

Unless your wanting to weaken CPU performance, play the latest games at lowest settings with still very low framerates, go ahead. I can tell you now, going with integrated graphics is not worth the money saved.

If you want to overclock your CPU, go with a p67 motherboard.

How much is your budget on your GPU?

m
l
March 20, 2011 5:11:15 PM

Overclocking is pretty much a waste of time on Sandy Bridge, they already go as fast as you need for gaming. concentrate on the GPU capabilities and the bottleneck of your hard drive before you start thinking about the CPU. A good GPU should be your first priority, followed by a Solid State Drive.

Forget the intergrated graphics, it's useless for games. Even the brand new Intel GMA 3000 is only as powerful as a $30 graphics card.

Spend at least $200 on your graphics card.
m
l
Related resources
March 20, 2011 5:53:03 PM

Get a P67 board and a dedicated GPU. You won't be able to game with the integrated gpu on the intel chips.

What's your monitor resolution and what are some of the games you'll be playing?
m
l
April 6, 2011 10:13:58 AM

developeraslam said:
Hello, This is aslam,
i'm planning to buy new intel i5 2500k overclock version but i want to use integrated graphic with overclocking feature.

i want system configuration as

intel i5 2500k
gigabyte or asus mobo.
4 GB ddr3 ram
1 TB seaget HDD

as i know that integrated graphic work with H67 series only but no overclocking with H67 board, for overclocking i have to go for P67 series but no support for integrated graphic will be there, means i will have to spend money on graphic card as well.

i'm just an average gamer.

what do you suggest should i go for integrated graphic ( and compromise with overclocking)

OR

should i go with overclocking and forget about integrated graphic and should spend more money on addon graphic card?

does integrated graphic worthy enough to compromise with overclocking?

Please ans.all these questions

Thanks.

ASLAM

my budget for graphic card 3500 indian rupees. which is around $70.

plz suggest a good graphic card with in my budget.

Thanks.

and one more question i have,

as we know there is SLI technology in which 2 graphic card can work together to make graphic more better,

so is it possible to purchase a board with SLI support and install a graphic card and

use I5 2500k integrated graphic with addon graphic card ( use both together) to make gpu performance better.
m
l

Best solution

April 6, 2011 2:41:09 PM

The Z68 motherboard expected to be released in the next month or so will allow you to use the integrated graphics, as well as provide access to unlock the multiplier on unlocked CPU's (allow you to overclock). That along with software from Lucid will allow you to use the integrated graphics and a discrete card depending on which load is being produced.

Unfortunately SLI(nividia) and Crossfire(AMD) are not able to be mixed between brands. You won't be able to game any faster than any one card will allow you, and the performance of the integrated graphics can't be used to supplement the performance of the discrete card.
a b K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
April 6, 2011 3:16:56 PM

Right now, you have two choices a H67 board will allow you to use the on processors graphics and overclock them. Because of the Quick Sync built into the Intel® Core™ I5 2500K, you will find that the on processor graphics work very well for video editing type work. H67 chipset will allow you to overclock the graphics on the processor but not the core speed of the Core I5 2500k. On the other hand if you choice a P67 board you will able to overclock the core speed of the processor but you will not be able to use the on processor graphics.

Now as far as the performance of the HD 3000 graphics are about the level of a low to medium level video card. So most likely if all you are able to speed is $70 on a video card then you wouldn’t see much difference between the on processor graphic and the discrete video card. So short term for gaming you can get away with the on processor but I would advise you to plan to upgrade to a good video card in the near future.

Christain Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
April 7, 2011 8:19:28 AM

Best answer selected by developeraslam.
m
l
!