question about SML (Solorian)

Last response: in Video Games
July 21, 2005 12:35:20 AM

Hello,

i fired a SML on Empire ships, and also hit friendly (not allied) Xtal Ships
with activated X-Field also!

Log says:

Target ID: 16241
Weapon range: 492
HD Stress of planet increased by 300 points
Target is in range! At 416 LY
*** FIRE!!! ***
Stellar matter HD feedback from X Field device in target area!!!! Planet
may
EXPLODE!!!

[...]

---------

Afterwards my planet have HD stress of 2056!!! Turn after its exploded!

I asked around, no one ever heard about that "feature" when had that
changed?

Could btw be used to produce even more HD stress in an solorian/xtal
alliance! It seems each ship with active x-field give a 100 HD Stress
feedback! So if a solorian fires an sml to a world with 5 X-Field ships the
world would gain 800 HD Stress each turn (= 800 Hyperlathes = 8000 Food each
turn!!) <- dunno if this is intentional?

Mydgard

P.S. Anyway lost 2 worlds to this "feature"

More about : question sml solorian

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:36:23 AM

Argh hit the strg+v one time too often sorry guys!

"Mydgard" <Mydgard@lycos.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]
> may
> EXPLODE!!!
>
> Stellar matter HD feedback from X Field device in target area!!!! Planet
> may
> EXPLODE!!!
>
> ---------
>
> Afterwards my planet have HD stress of 2056!!! Turn after its exploded!
>
> I asked around, no one ever heard about that "feature" when had that
> changed?
>
> Could btw be used to produce even more HD stress in an solorian/xtal
> alliance! It seems each ship with active x-field give a 100 HD Stress
> feedback! So if a solorian fires an sml to a world with 5 X-Field ships
> the world would gain 800 HD Stress each turn (= 800 Hyperlathes = 8000
> Food each turn!!) <- dunno if this is intentional?
>
> Mydgard
>
> P.S. Anyway lost 2 worlds to this "feature"

July 21, 2005 12:29:51 PM

Take a loock at Tim device description. This feature is mentioned under
Crystal X-Field;0) Have found it once but a mention in host change was
missing.

Greetings
Sebastian

> [...]
>> may
>> EXPLODE!!!
>>
>> Stellar matter HD feedback from X Field device in target area!!!! Planet
>> may
>> EXPLODE!!!
>>
>> ---------
>>
>> Afterwards my planet have HD stress of 2056!!! Turn after its exploded!
>>
>> I asked around, no one ever heard about that "feature" when had that
>> changed?
>>
>> Could btw be used to produce even more HD stress in an solorian/xtal
>> alliance! It seems each ship with active x-field give a 100 HD Stress
>> feedback! So if a solorian fires an sml to a world with 5 X-Field ships
>> the world would gain 800 HD Stress each turn (= 800 Hyperlathes = 8000
>> Food each turn!!) <- dunno if this is intentional?
>>
>> Mydgard
>>
>> P.S. Anyway lost 2 worlds to this "feature"

July 22, 2005 6:01:21 AM

Hmm ok found it!

Thx ...

Too bad no solorian guide has it inside ...

Mydgard

"Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]
>>> may
>>> EXPLODE!!!
>>>
>>> Stellar matter HD feedback from X Field device in target area!!!! Planet
>>> may
>>> EXPLODE!!!
>>>
>>> ---------
>>>
>>> Afterwards my planet have HD stress of 2056!!! Turn after its exploded!
>>>
>>> I asked around, no one ever heard about that "feature" when had that
>>> changed?
>>>
>>> Could btw be used to produce even more HD stress in an solorian/xtal
>>> alliance! It seems each ship with active x-field give a 100 HD Stress
>>> feedback! So if a solorian fires an sml to a world with 5 X-Field ships
>>> the world would gain 800 HD Stress each turn (= 800 Hyperlathes = 8000
>>> Food each turn!!) <- dunno if this is intentional?
>>>
>>> Mydgard
>>>
>>> P.S. Anyway lost 2 worlds to this "feature"

July 23, 2005 4:38:19 AM

Interesting, as the Sol Developer, I had not heard of this feature. It
shall be interesting to see how it pans out. I do agree, it does make
the sol/xtal alliance even stronger.

Greg Bahr
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:01:34 AM

wow.. can you post this on the VGA planets wiki :) ?
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 5:36:01 PM

scumm_gel@yahoo.com wrote:

>wow.. can you post this on the VGA planets wiki :) ?

I have added it to the Solorian Race Guide section of the VGAP Wiki.
(Remember: Anyone can add things, and it only takes a minute.)
!