Sign in with
Your question

Picture on start up and disappears

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 16, 2011 3:44:44 AM

Hello,
when I start my computer a picture shows up and then disappears, it was a picture I tried to download and make my desktop background. Now I can't choose any desktop backgrounds, it is as if my desktop is locked. I get a ascript error white box when my computer starts up and I click a few times and it goes away. How do I find this picture and get rid of it, and unlock my desktop choices? thanks for the help.
a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2011 3:51:33 AM

Go to the desktop personalize menu, from there change the theme and set it to default. The picture you tried to download will most probably be in the folder c:\Users\ your user ID that you use to log onto the computer\downloads\ or \Pictures
Check using the thumbnail view and delete.
Also check to see if you haven't accidentally installed a screen saver , if so, uninstall it from the add and remove programs.
m
l
January 16, 2011 5:31:00 PM

alyoshka said:
Go to the desktop personalize menu, from there change the theme and set it to default. The picture you tried to download will most probably be in the folder c:\Users\ your user ID that you use to log onto the computer\downloads\ or \Pictures
Check using the thumbnail view and delete.
Also check to see if you haven't accidentally installed a screen saver , if so, uninstall it from the add and remove programs.

still unable to unlock desktop, when I go to display, then desktop, then customize, set return to defaults, and still all locked up. can't seem to locate picture either, I truly appreciate your help. Ls
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 17, 2011 3:08:41 AM

did you manage to browse to the Downloads folder or the Pictures folder?
Try doing everything in safemode.....
It ought to work then
m
l
!