Picture on start up and disappears

Hello,
when I start my computer a picture shows up and then disappears, it was a picture I tried to download and make my desktop background. Now I can't choose any desktop backgrounds, it is as if my desktop is locked. I get a ascript error white box when my computer starts up and I click a few times and it goes away. How do I find this picture and get rid of it, and unlock my desktop choices? thanks for the help.
3 answers Last reply
More about picture start disappears
  1. Go to the desktop personalize menu, from there change the theme and set it to default. The picture you tried to download will most probably be in the folder c:\Users\ your user ID that you use to log onto the computer\downloads\ or \Pictures
    Check using the thumbnail view and delete.
    Also check to see if you haven't accidentally installed a screen saver , if so, uninstall it from the add and remove programs.
  2. alyoshka said:
    Go to the desktop personalize menu, from there change the theme and set it to default. The picture you tried to download will most probably be in the folder c:\Users\ your user ID that you use to log onto the computer\downloads\ or \Pictures
    Check using the thumbnail view and delete.
    Also check to see if you haven't accidentally installed a screen saver , if so, uninstall it from the add and remove programs.

still unable to unlock desktop, when I go to display, then desktop, then customize, set return to defaults, and still all locked up. can't seem to locate picture either, I truly appreciate your help. Ls
  3. did you manage to browse to the Downloads folder or the Pictures folder?
    Try doing everything in safemode.....
    It ought to work then
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Desktops Computer Graphics