Sign in with
Your question

Help with Crossfire

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 16, 2011 9:39:50 AM

I recently bought a Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 card to pair up with my other Gigabyte HD 5770 card. Once I had installed them, they didnt seem to change the performance in video games. When I open CCC, and go to the Crossfire section, it only displays one. Anyone know why? I've tried installing new drivers but says my Windows version does not support them (Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit), I can confirm there is power running to them, I've switched them in the slot, they show up on device manager, and yes they both work. My 3dMark03 score is 62442.

My setup is as follows.

Asus P7P55D-E LGA1156 Crossfire

G.Skill F3-10666CL7d-4GB eco

Intel Core i7 860 Quad core processor at 2,8ghz

and a Cougar 750W Powersupply.

Anyone have any suggestions?

More about : crossfire

January 16, 2011 1:34:24 PM

There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the catalyst drivers. Make sure you have the 32-bit ones. I can't understand why you chose the 32-bit version of Windows 7, but that's you.
In the control center, there should be a very simple and easy to recognize box with "Enable crossfire" next to it. Hit that and apply, and the screen should blink, and maybe change resolution. Also, if you have more than one monitor, then it would change to just the primary.
WOW and Starcraft 2 don't gain any performance from Crossfire. I don't know what other games don't.
January 16, 2011 5:37:37 PM

I know, but that's what I got with the system. They are 32-bit drivers. That box is enabled, and I have checked the Catalyst A.I too. I played Crysis Warhead and it showed no changes. In Just Cause 2, the have the Benchmark option, and I tried that but it was the same as it was with one card.
!