BEST WAY TO BUILD A REMOTE VIDEO STORAGE BACK UP SERVER

INSIGHT9911

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Hello everyone

First let me thank all of you for the time you spend helping all of us struggling with questions and problem's with our computers, software, and other issues, without your help a lot of us would be very very lost that being said... I have a vision to build a computer or a cluster system to monitor security cameras from a lot of my video security customers my thought is to store the video as a backup service. The system would need the ability to grow easily and be very reliable. My first question is stand alone computer or cluster computer system ? next what type of motherboard and processor single socket or dual socket i7 or xenon ? My thought so far has been towards a stand alone computer using a dual socket i7 motherboard and expanding it in to a cluster as the need grows. also Linux or windows ? any help would be very much appreciated...

INSIGHT9911

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011

Thank you for your fast response . I went to the web site it was very cool But out of my price
range. I need to start with a smaller system that I can build myself maybe in the $2000 to $3000
price range. Any ideas you might have would be very helpful.

durand1035

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Easiest way to find one would do a Google shopping search for NAS Server and set the price between $2000 and $3000. Rather than building your own, this will probably be the easiest route for what you are trying to do. Best luck.