Sign in with
Your question

2x 4Gb ram for a High end gaming PC ?

Last response: in Memory
February 21, 2012 11:37:26 PM

I'm looking to buy new rams (using newegg.ca or ncix.com). Since this is going to be a gaming PC only I was thinking about a 2x 4Gb set-up but now I'm wondering about the ram speed. Is the 1600Hz do realy worth it for a high end gaming rig over the 1333hz ? Price doesn't mather to me espcialy at the low cost of memory nowadays.

Also if anyone got a brand to suggest feel free to but os far I was thinking about the: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

CPU is going to be an overclocked i5-2500k if it does mather.
a b } Memory
February 22, 2012 12:48:38 AM

first do you have a budget for rams?
a b } Memory
February 22, 2012 12:51:27 AM

secondly! the Sandy Bridge architecture natively supports DDR3 1333, but it's best performance is at DDR3 / 1600
Related resources
February 22, 2012 12:53:59 AM

h3sham said:
first do you have a budget for rams?

Like I said on the first post price doesn't mather if it can improve my gaming performance.
February 22, 2012 1:03:26 AM

Excellent choice sham, i can tell you there are other kits just as good and cheaper, but as you said. Price doesn't matter all that much. as long as its high performace. i think that kit will do what you need it to
February 22, 2012 1:01:58 PM

Rockdpm said:
Excellent choice sham, i can tell you there are other kits just as good and cheaper, but as you said. Price doesn't matter all that much. as long as its high performace. i think that kit will do what you need it to

Well price doesn't mather as log as it deliver the performance I wouldn't pay more for the same performance/quality or for something I wouldn't use like hypertrading.

I'm not familiar with G.skill product how are they seen compared to corsair ?

Because going for a 1600Hz set I'm tempted about the corsair vengeance: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

The price of differents 1600Hz seems to change based upon the timing Ex: 7-8-8-24. I know the timing is used in overclocking the ram buts I'm clueless about whats the best timing ?
February 22, 2012 1:29:45 PM

It will do nothing for gaming over the Corsair Vengeance. It will mainly benefit multithreading. But it will look more extreme....but it may get in the way of other components. I'm a vengeance lowprofile fanboi myself. $50 for 2x4 and tucks away nicely under my 212 evo.

a b } Memory
February 22, 2012 8:52:38 PM

the latency aka the timing is the delay in response so the lower the better thats why the price goes up s it goes down and picking that one or the ripjaws is pretty much the same so pick which ever you want as long as it has a low latency and 1600hz
!