Need sound help -> Fedora Core 3 on Gateway Solo 9100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone out there been able to get sound working on
a Gateway Solo 9100 running Fedora Core 3? For audio
it has a Yamaha 715/704 chipset (opl3-sax). I've tried
every tip I've read going through the USENET archives
and nothing has worked. Used various combinations of
isapnp and alsa and so far no soundcard even detected.
I know the audio hardware is working though because it
plays fine under Windows XP. Any ideas?

zontar_the_thing_from_venus@yahoo.com wrote:
> Has anyone out there been able to get sound working on
> a Gateway Solo 9100 running Fedora Core 3? For audio
> it has a Yamaha 715/704 chipset (opl3-sax). I've tried
> every tip I've read going through the USENET archives
> and nothing has worked. Used various combinations of
> isapnp and alsa and so far no soundcard even detected.
> I know the audio hardware is working though because it
> plays fine under Windows XP. Any ideas?

I never could get sound working with mandrake, red hat, or suze. The
other piece was the DVD hardware decoder (C Cube).