Need sound help -> Fedora Core 3 on Gateway Solo 9100

Has anyone out there been able to get sound working on
a Gateway Solo 9100 running Fedora Core 3? For audio
it has a Yamaha 715/704 chipset (opl3-sax). I've tried
every tip I've read going through the USENET archives
and nothing has worked. Used various combinations of
isapnp and alsa and so far no soundcard even detected.
I know the audio hardware is working though because it
plays fine under Windows XP. Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about need sound fedora core gateway solo 9100

    zontar_the_thing_from_venus@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Has anyone out there been able to get sound working on
    > a Gateway Solo 9100 running Fedora Core 3? For audio
    > it has a Yamaha 715/704 chipset (opl3-sax). I've tried
    > every tip I've read going through the USENET archives
    > and nothing has worked. Used various combinations of
    > isapnp and alsa and so far no soundcard even detected.
    > I know the audio hardware is working though because it
    > plays fine under Windows XP. Any ideas?

    I never could get sound working with mandrake, red hat, or suze. The
    other piece was the DVD hardware decoder (C Cube).

Core Gateway Fedora Laptops