Remote desktop web connection

I'm trying to configure my pc to allow remote connections into it via remote desktop web connection. Not to be confused with remote desktop, but remote desktop "web connection". I have found little info about this method of remote access. From what i understand, if the host computer is properly configured, i can remote into my pc via any computer using IE, and going to http://publicIP : port/tsweb/ (i put the spaces around the colon to eliminate emoticons for : & p)

I have followed all the steps properly (at least i think) except for when it comes to adding users to my remote desktop users list. Every time I enter a name and check it i get the message "an object named "example" cannot be found. I know the reason it can't be found is because the object isn't on my local network. But that's what the instructions i found are telling me to do.

I'm using windows xp pro. I am currently bypassing my router and planning to reconnect it after i establish a successful remote connection just to ensure that it's not my router settings preventing me from getting a connection.

If you have no answer for the problem above but would like to share another way to remotely access a computer with little to no configuring on the client side, please share your mighty wisdom.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop connection
  1. how about web based program from logmein.com

or non web based VNC from realvnc.com
  2. thanks emerald. i will try them both.
Ask a new question

Read More

VPN Remote Desktop Connection Networking