Sign in with
Your question

ATI Input selection?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 16, 2011 2:33:56 PM

Hello, I've recently got a very irritating problem with dual monitors. For Christmas I got a small Craig TV that can double as a monitor. I have them both plugged into a ATI HD 4850.

Well, the trouble is, is that it forces the resolution of my monitor (1440x900) on my Craig TV
because it always makes the HDMI port the primary monitor over the DVI slot. I've tried changing the resolution to one the TV can support as a monitor (1152x720) then switching over, so I could make it my secondary, but the resolution doesn't transfer over.

I've gotten it to work before, but whenever I update my ATI drivers it forces a switch back to my TV as my primary monitor and bricks. The screen goes blue, because of the aformentioned forced resolution.

My question is simple, is there anyway to rearrange the input detection so it'll choose my DVI port as primary over HDMI? I can't even plug my other monitor in because it'll force it as my primary monitor and cause whatever's on my current monitor to go over to a inaccessable blue screen.

More about : ati input selection

a c 196 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 16, 2011 3:15:28 PM

Do you have it set to clone/mirror your displays? If you set it to extend your desktop onto the second display it should allow you to set the resolutions individually. I have a 19" 1280x1024 and a 21.5" 1920x1080 running dual screen off of a 4850 without issue so i know it has the capability.

In CCC you can set which one is your primary monitor, also work in the windows display settings at the same time, there are some things that each one cant take care of and i always double check to make sure they agree on the shared settings.
m
l
January 16, 2011 3:19:56 PM

That's the thing, I plug it in, I can't see anything, I don't plug it in, I can't set its resolution. Best I could think of is to somehow set it so CCC appears on my secondary monitor, but that doesn't work either.
m
l
Related resources
January 16, 2011 3:23:27 PM

It's a Craig TV, a crappy chinese brand that has a very touchy resolution. Only works in 1152x720 resolution. Anything higher or lower causes it to go into brick'd mode.
m
l
January 16, 2011 4:04:41 PM

I just fixed it, albeit with extreme fiddling well until I update my drivers again. I ended up using my monitor alone, then setting the resolution to a resolution my TV could handle, then plugging in the the TV alone, making sure it'd boot up, then plugged in them both at the same time, and was able to switch over my monitor to primary, while setting up the TV as my secondary. Thank you for the help, though.
m
l
!