Recent observations

- A GD pops Amorphous' of all bases in range.
- Botz can build ships of alien hull designs in dry docks
- Non-Botz can build ships of Bot hull designs in dry docks
- Only Scavs can outfit their premounted devices on their specials ships
- For this a ship with such a working device has to be in hands of the Scavs
first. But it need not to be an original device. An already outfitted ship
of Scav design is enough (in the case the Scavs have lost the original
device)
- An already outfitted special ship of Scav design which is boarded by a
non-Scav does not lose its special device even if the race which boards does
not own such a working device.
- A hull plan of such a special Scav ship in hands of a Non-Scav is nothing
worth as the non-Scav can not outfit such a ship when he builds it on his
own.

GFM GToeroe

Re the Scav add-on devices:

"Gabor Törö" <gfm@gtoeroe.de> wrote in message

> - Only Scavs can outfit their premounted devices on their specials ships

1) Yes, for a device to be added (say chunneling on a Junk) the Scavs have
to own the ship for one turn (own it at the end of the turn). Even if you, a
non-Scav, have seen an FC, have the plans for a junk, and can chunnel with a
Junk the Scavs built, you, the non-Scav race can't install the Chunnel
device.

The Scavs have to own the device at the _end_ of the turn to learn it (they
can't board a ship on tick 25, lose the ship on tick 175 for example)

Also note the above means the Junk doesn't get the Chunnel device until the
end of the turn. IE the Borg can build an FC and chunnel to it the same
turn, the Scavs can't (it takes them a little longer to add on the add on as
it were. All that is "as intended" as I understand the race.

> - For this a ship with such a working device has to be in hands of the
Scavs
> first. But it need not to be an original device. An already outfitted ship
> of Scav design is enough (in the case the Scavs have lost the original
> device)

I think this is what you are saying (anyhow this is how it works). The Scavs
have to own the device on the native hull at the end of a turn in which they
have the add-on ship too. For example they have to own a Junk and an FC
simultaneously. (If they own a FC, lose it, then build a Junk the next turn
it won't work.

And the Scavs have to _continuously_ own a Junk or FC thereafter. If at the
end of any turn they own no ship that can Chunnel they "forget" how to
install the device.

> - An already outfitted special ship of Scav design which is boarded by a
> non-Scav does not lose its special device even if the race which boards
does
> not own such a working device.

Correct. It is there. But the boarding race can only see/use it if they have
seen the device on an origninal hull (the FC or FS in this case.

> - A hull plan of such a special Scav ship in hands of a Non-Scav is
nothing
> worth as the non-Scav can not outfit such a ship when he builds it on his
> own.

Well, not "worthless" since the Non Scav can build the ship, transfer it to
the Scav, the Scav install the device, then the Scav hand the ship back to
the builder. This is actually fairly common.

The Scav has that Hull Tech 6 limit. So the non Scav player may build the
higher tech hulls and hand them to the Scav for him to install the devices
(for a fee). Usually the deal is the Scav player does this an keeps every
other ship or something like that (that is how the Scav player gets
Regiendo's with Jumpgate builders. He gets someone else to build them, he
installs the JG builder, he keeps half the ships and hands half back to his
"business partner"

> GFM GToeroe

So, in other words, if I (the peeps)trade for Inamorta plans, I will never
get the accelerators to light up??

-J-

No. If you, as Peeps, trade for the Inamorata plans you can see the GA if
_all_ of the following are true:

1) You have seen a ship with a native GA (you have owned a Priv MBR or an
IMT Veep or one of the Aczanny ships with GA at the end of a turn).

2) The Scavs owned that particular Inamorata at the end of a turn. You can
build it, give it to the Scavs for a turn and then get it back or they can
build it and give it to you.

You will not get a GA on Inamorata you build yourself if you never give them
to the Scavs.

As far as the continuous own thing (that the Scavs have to own either the
original GA ship or a Scav ship (Inamorata) with the GA every turn) I have
no idea. It may be you too need to own continuously or not (my prejudice is
the host checks the ships and the Scavs, not you)

It is true that the hull plan is worth less to you than it might appear. A
true Scavenger (one interersted in building Market Share and in having
Return Customers) would make sure you knew all this before selling you an
Inamorata Hull Plan (it is still an excellent ship, BTW. Cheap, Cloaker,
great Attack and Evade bonuses)

Beezle
VP of Increasing Market Share
Scavengers Inc.