Printing more than 1 image on 8x11?

Tags:
Last response: in Digital Camera
February 11, 2005 12:49:04 PM

I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
pictures I selected, edited
and which are ready for print.

I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to drag
the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I see
no ways how to ADD then another image to it.

Who can help?

More about : printing image 8x11

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 2:30:48 PM

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
>pictures I selected, edited
> and which are ready for print.
>
> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
> drag
> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
> see no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
>
> Who can help?

You can't do it the way you are trying to.

You must create another image file then drag the images you want to print on
to that. If you want multiples of the same image you can play with the
File -> Automate -> Picture Package.

If you are using XP the picture printing will let you print multiple images
to a page very nicely.

Jim Kramer
February 11, 2005 9:07:17 PM

You may wish to try HP's image zone express. Download at:

http://www.hp.com/united-states/ize/home.html

It came with my HP 6540 printer, which I have been quite happy with. It is
simple to use, give it a try.
"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
>pictures I selected, edited
> and which are ready for print.
>
> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
> drag
> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
> see no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
>
> Who can help?

February 12, 2005 3:16:39 AM

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
> pictures I selected, edited
> and which are ready for print.
>
> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
drag
> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
see
> no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
>
> Who can help?

Qimage.

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:16:40 AM

Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing. I think at
this time.

"David J. Littleboy" <davidjl@gol.com> wrote in message

> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
>> pictures I selected, edited
>> and which are ready for print.
>>
>> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
> drag
>> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
>> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
> see
>> no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
>>
>> Who can help?
>
> Qimage.
>
> http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/
>
> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:16:41 AM

> Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing. I think
> at this time.

But it is very good.

/Roland
February 12, 2005 3:16:41 AM

Ritter197 wrote:

> Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing.

It's not.

This software is amazing. The resampling is VERY good up and down sizing and
makes printing multiple images simple. It's WELL worth the money they ask
for it.
--

Stacey
Anonymous

File/Automate/PicturePackage
source Use is set to frontmost image but you can also change that to folder
or file
then select page size
then layout
to the right is a thumbnail view of the layout with multiple copies of the
frontmost image on display
click on any one of those images and it'll ask you what image you want to
put i that space, select your chosen file from whatever folder and away you
go

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
>pictures I selected, edited
> and which are ready for print.
>
> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
> drag
> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
> see no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
>
> Who can help?

February 12, 2005 5:50:37 AM

Hi there.

Elements can do this, nae bother.

The easiest way is, once you have got both pictures to the size you want
(7.5 x 5), and you want to put one above the other. Open one of them, go to
Image > Canvas Size. Check that the Canvas Colour is White. Move the centre
light Square in the 9 square box to the bottom row. Change the size of the
5 inch side to 11 inches and the 7.5 inch side to 8 inches. Then open the
other picture, and using the "Move" Tool drag it onto the first picture's
window. Using that "move" tool arrange both pictures as you want. Go to
"Layers" and "Flatten" image to lock them both in place.

Roy

Canongirly" <me@me.com> wrote in message
> File/Automate/PicturePackage
> source Use is set to frontmost image but you can also change that to
> folder or file
> then select page size
> then layout
> to the right is a thumbnail view of the layout with multiple copies of
> the frontmost image on display
> click on any one of those images and it'll ask you what image you want to
> put i that space, select your chosen file from whatever folder and away
> you go
>

> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
>>pictures I selected, edited
>> and which are ready for print.
>>
>> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
>> drag
>> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
>> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
>> see no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
>>
>> Who can help?

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 11:25:56 AM

Thanks, never thought that THIS PROGRAM (Adobe Photoshop Elements 2) IS SO
DIFFICULT WHEN IT COMES TO PRINTING.

What do they think? We just want to play around and Edit to our hearts
content so we can only LOOK at the new image??? Had I known that then I
would never have bought this Adobe program.

But I do thank you for detailed advice.

"Roy" <royphoty@iona-guesthouse.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi there.
>
> Elements can do this, nae bother.
>
> The easiest way is, once you have got both pictures to the size you want
> (7.5 x 5), and you want to put one above the other. Open one of them, go
> to Image > Canvas Size. Check that the Canvas Colour is White. Move the
> centre light Square in the 9 square box to the bottom row. Change the
> size of the 5 inch side to 11 inches and the 7.5 inch side to 8 inches.
> Then open the other picture, and using the "Move" Tool drag it onto the
> first picture's window. Using that "move" tool arrange both pictures as
> you want. Go to "Layers" and "Flatten" image to lock them both in place.
>
> Roy
>

> Canongirly" <me@me.com> wrote in message
>> File/Automate/PicturePackage
>> source Use is set to frontmost image but you can also change that to
>> folder or file
>> then select page size
>> then layout
>> to the right is a thumbnail view of the layout with multiple copies of
>> the frontmost image on display
>> click on any one of those images and it'll ask you what image you want to
>> put i that space, select your chosen file from whatever folder and away
>> you go
>>

>> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
>>>pictures I selected, edited
>>> and which are ready for print.
>>>
>>> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
>>> drag
>>> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
>>> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
>>> see no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
>>>
>>> Who can help?

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 2:52:56 PM

"jimkramer" <Sophomoric1_jim@NOSPAMjlkramer.net> wrote in message
> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
>>pictures I selected, edited
>> and which are ready for print.
>>
>> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
>> drag
>> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
>> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
>> see no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
>>
>> Who can help?
>>

> You can't do it the way you are trying to.
>
> You must create another image file then drag the images you want to print
> on to that. If you want multiples of the same image you can play with the
> File -> Automate -> Picture Package.
>
> If you are using XP the picture printing will let you print multiple
> images to a page very nicely.

I'll second the printing wizard that comes with Windows XP. Do what you
need with Photoshop, or whatever, and then send your pics to the My Pictures
folder on your computer. The printing wizard in XP will let you print
everything from a full-size print to several different photos on one sheet
in a variety of sizes. And if you have XP it's free.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:34:11 PM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:58:30 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Ritter197"
<Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:

>Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing. I think at
>this time.

Besides just doing this it does a lot of other things as well, multipage
posters, slide shows, etc. One thing it does automatically is it queries
your printer driver to determine what resolution it wants and allows you to
automatically resample the image to match this with some of the best
algorithms around. For the relatively low cost you get lifetime upgrades
and the author Mike Chaney provides real support and over time has added
many no feature at the suggestion of users. Give the demo a try.
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
February 12, 2005 3:57:18 PM

Thanks for the reply and I will try the Trial version.

But - you website is absolutely great. I am a camera bug myself, having been
in 35 mm and before that in 4x4 format, and now in digital (Olympus 10X
Optical) and like you, have a LOT to learn.

Karl
"Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:58:30 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Ritter197"
> <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing. I think at
>>this time.
>
> Besides just doing this it does a lot of other things as well, multipage
> posters, slide shows, etc. One thing it does automatically is it queries
> your printer driver to determine what resolution it wants and allows you
> automatically resample the image to match this with some of the best
> algorithms around. For the relatively low cost you get lifetime upgrades
> and the author Mike Chaney provides real support and over time has added
> many no feature at the suggestion of users. Give the demo a try.
> ----------
> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 4:12:00 PM

Ed, I guess the CP 5700 is the best out of the bunch, right?

Karl
"Ed Ruf" <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:58:30 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Ritter197"
> <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Thanks, David. Went there. Rather expensive just for Printing. I think at
>>this time.
>
> Besides just doing this it does a lot of other things as well, multipage
> posters, slide shows, etc. One thing it does automatically is it queries
> your printer driver to determine what resolution it wants and allows you
> automatically resample the image to match this with some of the best
> algorithms around. For the relatively low cost you get lifetime upgrades
> and the author Mike Chaney provides real support and over time has added
> many no feature at the suggestion of users. Give the demo a try.
> ----------
> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 10:11:12 PM

Thanks, I do have windows xp and shall try. I will do what you suggested. Do
the editing etc in a graphics program and then use windows xp.

I still cannot understand why these digital software programs do not have as
the last (or at least 1 of the many steps) PRINT and Layout selection.

Baffles me.

"Sheldon" <sheldon@XXXXXXXXsopris.net> wrote in message
news:o YydneCGZIhm-JPfRVn-3g@comcast.com...

> "jimkramer" <Sophomoric1_jim@NOSPAMjlkramer.net> wrote in message
>> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I have the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 software and want to print the
>>>pictures I selected, edited
>>> and which are ready for print.
>>>
>>> I have difficulty in that after selecting Layout, I find no way how to
>>> drag
>>> the pictures in the left pane to the layout. It always shows only the
>>> presently worked on picture, and one can select center or move it. But I
>>> see no ways how to ADD then another image to it.
>>>
>>> Who can help?
>>>

>> You can't do it the way you are trying to.
>>
>> You must create another image file then drag the images you want to print
>> on to that. If you want multiples of the same image you can play with
>> the File -> Automate -> Picture Package.
>>
>> If you are using XP the picture printing will let you print multiple
>> images to a page very nicely.
>>
> I'll second the printing wizard that comes with Windows XP. Do what you
> need with Photoshop, or whatever, and then send your pics to the My
> Pictures folder on your computer. The printing wizard in XP will let you
> print everything from a full-size print to several different photos on one
> sheet in a variety of sizes. And if you have XP it's free.

February 13, 2005 12:25:59 AM

Hi again.

What is difficult about using Elements?

If you want difficult, try doing something like that with 2 negatives and 1
sheet of Photographic Paper in a Darkroom.

Everything new seems difficult, but it is amazing how quickly it all becomes
dead easy.

Roy

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o sqdnVA3_8xEnpPfRVn-jg@comcast.com...
> Thanks, never thought that THIS PROGRAM (Adobe Photoshop Elements 2) IS
> SO DIFFICULT WHEN IT COMES TO PRINTING.
>
> What do they think? We just want to play around and Edit to our hearts
> content so we can only LOOK at the new image??? Had I known that then I
> would never have bought this Adobe program.
>
> But I do thank you for detailed advice.
>

> "Roy" <royphoty@iona-guesthouse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi there.
>>
>> Elements can do this, nae bother.
>>
>> The easiest way is, once you have got both pictures to the size you want
>> (7.5 x 5), and you want to put one above the other. Open one of them, go
>> to Image > Canvas Size. Check that the Canvas Colour is White. Move the
>> centre light Square in the 9 square box to the bottom row. Change the
>> size of the 5 inch side to 11 inches and the 7.5 inch side to 8 inches.
>> Then open the other picture, and using the "Move" Tool drag it onto the
>> first picture's window. Using that "move" tool arrange both pictures as
>> you want. Go to "Layers" and "Flatten" image to lock them both in place.
>>
>> Roy
>>

>> Canongirly" <me@me.com> wrote in message
>>> File/Automate/PicturePackage
>>> source Use is set to frontmost image but you can also change that to
>>> folder or file
>>> then select page size
>>> then layout
>>> to the right is a thumbnail view of the layout with multiple copies of
>>> the frontmost image on display
>>> click on any one of those images and it'll ask you what image you want
>>> to put i that space, select your chosen file from whatever folder and
>>> away you go
>>>

>>> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 12:18:07 PM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:11:12 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Ritter197"
<Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:

>Thanks, I do have windows xp and shall try. I will do what you suggested. Do
>the editing etc in a graphics program and then use windows xp.
>
>I still cannot understand why these digital software programs do not have as
>the last (or at least 1 of the many steps) PRINT and Layout selection.
>
>Baffles me.

PSE2 is a bit long in the tooth these days. I know PSP8 and now 9 have this
capability. I'd imagine PSE3 does now as well. I 've dl'd the demo but
haven't installed it yet to give it a try.
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
February 14, 2005 12:09:11 PM

Ah, now our ages are showing. BUT - I did all kind of things like that years
ago in the darkroom, but of course, there was a learning curve there too.
That is why I want now to learn in the Digital field.
How's that?

> Hi again.
>
> What is difficult about using Elements?
>
> If you want difficult, try doing something like that with 2 negatives and
> 1 sheet of Photographic Paper in a Darkroom.
>
> Everything new seems difficult, but it is amazing how quickly it all
> becomes dead easy.
>
> Roy
>

> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:o sqdnVA3_8xEnpPfRVn-jg@comcast.com...
>> Thanks, never thought that THIS PROGRAM (Adobe Photoshop Elements 2) IS
>> SO DIFFICULT WHEN IT COMES TO PRINTING.
>>
>> What do they think? We just want to play around and Edit to our hearts
>> content so we can only LOOK at the new image??? Had I known that then I
>> would never have bought this Adobe program.
>>
>> But I do thank you for detailed advice.
>>

>> "Roy" <royphoty@iona-guesthouse.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi there.
>>>
>>> Elements can do this, nae bother.
>>>
>>> The easiest way is, once you have got both pictures to the size you want
>>> (7.5 x 5), and you want to put one above the other. Open one of them,
>>> go to Image > Canvas Size. Check that the Canvas Colour is White. Move
>>> the centre light Square in the 9 square box to the bottom row. Change
>>> the size of the 5 inch side to 11 inches and the 7.5 inch side to 8
>>> inches. Then open the other picture, and using the "Move" Tool drag it
>>> onto the first picture's window. Using that "move" tool arrange both
>>> pictures as you want. Go to "Layers" and "Flatten" image to lock them
>>> both in place.
>>>
>>> Roy
>>>

>>> Canongirly" <me@me.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:06:27 PM

Ritter197 wrote:
> Ah, now our ages are showing. BUT - I did all kind of things like
> that years ago in the darkroom, but of course, there was a learning
> curve there too. That is why I want now to learn in the Digital
> field.
> How's that?
>
> "Roy" <royphoty@iona-guesthouse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi again.
>>
>> What is difficult about using Elements?
>>
>> If you want difficult, try doing something like that with 2
>> negatives and 1 sheet of Photographic Paper in a Darkroom.
>>
>> Everything new seems difficult, but it is amazing how quickly it
>> all
>> becomes dead easy.
>>
>> Roy

It is a bit stubborn but the MS XP printing wizard will print one or
several pictures on one page (just click Print on the menu). It is
fast and not bad for record keeping but if you want control, Photoshop
(Elements etc.) or other photographic editing software is better.

Jim.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:16:14 PM

I have Photoshop Elements 2 but never found a Print selection there.

I bought yesterday Adobe Album 5.0 and it seems to do the job now just fine.

"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton@erols.com> wrote in message
> Ritter197 wrote:
>> Ah, now our ages are showing. BUT - I did all kind of things like
>> that years ago in the darkroom, but of course, there was a learning
>> curve there too. That is why I want now to learn in the Digital field.
>> How's that?
>>
>> "Roy" <royphoty@iona-guesthouse.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi again.
>>>
>>> What is difficult about using Elements?
>>>
>>> If you want difficult, try doing something like that with 2
>>> negatives and 1 sheet of Photographic Paper in a Darkroom.
>>>
>>> Everything new seems difficult, but it is amazing how quickly it all
>>> becomes dead easy.
>>>
>>> Roy

> It is a bit stubborn but the MS XP printing wizard will print one or
> several pictures on one page (just click Print on the menu). It is fast
> and not bad for record keeping but if you want control, Photoshop
> (Elements etc.) or other photographic editing software is better.
>
> Jim.

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 1:44:53 AM

Ritter197 wrote:
> I have Photoshop Elements 2 but never found a Print selection there.
>
> I bought yesterday Adobe Album 5.0 and it seems to do the job now
> just fine.

I never had PS Elements 2 but in the original Elements the route
File|Automate|Contact Sheet might do what you wanted.

Jim.
!