Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best Memory for the Asus M5A99X EVO and a Phenom II x4 955 ??

Last response: in Components
Share
June 20, 2011 11:36:11 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this place, hope to stick sround.

Well, I'm planning on buying some memory for a new PC build, so far:

-Motherboard
The new Asus M5A99X EVO
-Processor
A Phenom II x4 955 BE Deneb while the Bulldozer Fx-8000 series gets to the market.
-PSU
Some 800-1000 watt, haven't decided.
-Graphics
GTX 260 216 core for now, will be the last thing to update
-HDD, SSD, optical drives
Not now, till I get my hands in a Bulldozer, will switch to SATA 6Gbs and some blu ray unit.

The problem I'm facing in my choice is the RAM, if I recall correctly, the Deneb core based CPUs work with DDR3 1066, I'm only able to find 1333 in newegg (haven't tried somewhere else). Obviusly, this RAM will be replaced when the new CPUs get out

Can I use the 1333 sticks?

G Skill and Corsair would be my main choices.

Any help to clarify this doubt will be greatly appreciated.

Best solution

a b } Memory
June 21, 2011 3:54:55 AM

The 955 certainly works with 1333.
Why the mongo PSU? If you're not planning to SLI 580s, it's overkill.
Share
June 21, 2011 4:37:22 AM

I've been thinking 800 watt would be enough even for SLI, not gonna use SLI/Crossfire right away, I'm gonna wait...

Cool thing about 990X is, you can try both technologies.

Thanks for the answer.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
June 21, 2011 1:18:07 PM

You can also use 1600 memory if you plan on doing a bit of o/cing.
m
0
l
June 24, 2011 9:59:37 PM

definiteLy reccOmmend the FasTest memory u can oafford if you're even think about O.C'n! From my LImited eXperience, the FSB speeds the whoLe rig up(as opposed to just the cpu) to another LeveL but requires good components and heat management. Buy the Best RAm u can aFFord!
m
0
l
June 24, 2011 10:41:40 PM

That's exactly what I wanna do, but pay close attention...

I can't simply put the fastest RAM available on the market, this limited directly by the CPU (Deneb core) I'm gonna be using for now, And will be upgraded later for the fastest CPU/RAM combo when bulldozer FX-8000 series hit the market.

I wasn't sure if Deneb core CPU's supported 1333, that's gonna be it for now.
m
0
l
July 2, 2011 12:15:22 AM

Best answer selected by bidomo.
m
0
l
August 21, 2011 8:51:17 PM

New question regarding the subject....

Someone is offering me a PSU, a brand I never heard about before.

Delta Electronics
Model: DPS-1000GB A

He says it came from a Lenovo desktop or something like that.

Does anybody know about this PSU?? Would it be reliable?
m
0
l
October 1, 2011 6:07:59 PM

bidomo said:
New question regarding the subject....

Someone is offering me a PSU, a brand I never heard about before.

Delta Electronics
Model: DPS-1000GB A

He says it came from a Lenovo desktop or something like that.

Does anybody know about this PSU?? Would it be reliable?

I would stay away from things like that. Stick with a brand like corsair. You could get a HX750 and have plenty of room to upgrade or, if you feel you really need a bigger PSU get 850HX. Dont go higher then 850. If a PSU is running at low load you get bad efficiency, you also get bad efficiency at high load. 750HX corsair or 850HX corsair would be plenty!
m
0
l
October 2, 2011 12:27:55 AM

wheelzz said:
I would stay away from things like that. Stick with a brand like corsair. You could get a HX750 and have plenty of room to upgrade or, if you feel you really need a bigger PSU get 850HX. Dont go higher then 850. If a PSU is running at low load you get bad efficiency, you also get bad efficiency at high load. 750HX corsair or 850HX corsair would be plenty!



Actually, you want to be near those PSU, because a lot of Antec, Corsair, and others, are manufactured by them. Did my research.


do the same as me, and you'll get a quality suply for much less the price
m
0
l
February 9, 2012 9:01:35 PM

bidomo said:
Actually, you want to be near those PSU, because a lot of Antec, Corsair, and others, are manufactured by them. Did my research.


do the same as me, and you'll get a quality suply for much less the price


Corsair works for me on the same board and on a 1055T Phenom Hex Core, QV list 16's is what I got and not issues and runs at 3.3 GHz without a hitch, win 7 pro 64 etc. Was going to try Patriot Xtreme 1866's but RMA'd them back and stuck with what Corsair's site suggested for compatibility...
m
0
l
!