Sign in with
Your question

HP Pavilion a6110n Desktop PC motherboard instructions

Last response: in CPUs
June 21, 2011 4:32:33 AM

Hello,computer sreens remains blank, monitor works, power supply works, but computer is not making monitor light come on, monitor cord is fine tried connection to another computer and monitor comes on fine
a c 159 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
June 21, 2011 10:47:46 AM

Have you tested the power supply on another system? If you have, then I would shop for another motherboard. A non hp board may require a new windows coa, since the first windows installation is tied to an hp bios. Your board is the M2N68-LA made by asus. It has few if any cpu upgrades. I suggest an asrock N68-CS UCC for $44.99 plus shipping at newegg. It has 2 ddr2 and 2 ddr3 slots, giving you some upgrade options at a great price, if you only need two ram slots. DDR3 only works when you change to an am3 cpu. Otherwise, look at any micro atx motherboard with ddr2 support. Also be prepared to change the power supply. I suggest a 400-500 watt in one of the following brands: antec, corsair, seasonic, or enermax. Cheaper brands tend to fail under load.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 21, 2011 12:47:43 PM

clear cmos (remove+reinsert battery)
reseat ram
reseat video (if you have a video card)
if you have onboard video use it on its own (no video card) to test the system
m
l
Related resources
a c 103 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
June 21, 2011 12:48:55 PM

Probably the onboard video has gone, have you tried putting in a video card in the PCI-Ex16 slot, even a cheapo card would be better than the integrated nvidia.
m
l
June 28, 2011 4:40:52 AM

o1die said:
Have you tested the power supply on another system? If you have, then I would shop for another motherboard. A non hp board may require a new windows coa, since the first windows installation is tied to an hp bios. Your board is the M2N68-LA made by asus. It has few if any cpu upgrades. I suggest an asrock N68-CS UCC for $44.99 plus shipping at newegg. It has 2 ddr2 and 2 ddr3 slots, giving you some upgrade options at a great price, if you only need two ram slots. DDR3 only works when you change to an am3 cpu. Otherwise, look at any micro atx motherboard with ddr2 support. Also be prepared to change the power supply. I suggest a 400-500 watt in one of the following brands: antec, corsair, seasonic, or enermax. Cheaper brands tend to fail under load.

Quote:
thanks for immediate reply, I bought another Motherboard, but still doing the same thing, monitor light stays autumn color but when I connect monitor to another computer autumn light turns white and other computer works fine checked PCU volts and are working fine.
m
l
!