Sign in with
Your question

Max safe laptop gpu temperature?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 16, 2011 9:09:57 PM

I have a 1GB Mobility Radeon HD 5650 in my laptop, GPU-Z shows it's getting up to 90 degrees Celsius (194 degrees Fahrenheit) while gaming. Is this safe? I got this laptop stock from HP, no overclocking or anything.
a c 153 U Graphics card
January 16, 2011 9:35:08 PM

I don't know much about laptops and graphics cards, from this thread that seems a little hot though...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/290444-33-mobility-56...

Is it new? Used? Old? Might just have a build up of dust. Also those cooling stations help a bit.
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
January 16, 2011 11:48:35 PM

Laptops have horible cooling.Most vent on the bottom and sides and most of the time they are covered up(thats why it's called a "laptop" but maks cooling impossible).Very poor air circulation would lead to high temps.
Seems that their are lots of people getting high temps with the same card as you.Mostly a laptop thing.
My reccomendtion would be to set the fan speed to 80% if u can.Or set-up sometime of profile for the fan.
Also a great idea that Helltech said was to get a cooling station.
Max temp for 5650 is around 90c maybe a little higher but it's right on the edge.You should tihnk of a cooling soultion and don't do anything strenious so that it doesn't overheat.
m
l
April 8, 2014 10:13:05 PM

man!!!!! 90 degree celcius? thats a bit too high.. try to use a great cooling pad or manually speed up the gfx card fan.. that could help reduce a bit degrees...
i've never gone over 69 degrees even after 5 hours of gameplay with full load..
m
l
!