Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Pegatron Motherboards WHAT IS THE F_LINE_IN CONNECTOR?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 22, 2012 2:54:32 PM

Have a simm card reader that was plugged into the F_LINE_IN connector on the PEGATRON M2N78-LA MOTHER BOARD. I had to replace the MB with a new ASUS m4a88t-m MOB, and cannot find any where to plug the connector that was on the F_LINE_IN connector. Any help available on this one??
February 22, 2012 3:11:56 PM

You're probably misreading the silkscreen markings on the board. F_LINE_IN should refer to the connector for the front panel audio input jack.

The only common port I can imagine for connecting a SIMM card reader (are you sure you don't mean flash memory card reader) would be a USB header.
Score
February 24, 2012 7:05:02 PM

sewalk said:
You're probably misreading the silkscreen markings on the board. F_LINE_IN should refer to the connector for the front panel audio input jack.

The only common port I can imagine for connecting a SIMM card reader (are you sure you don't mean flash memory card reader) would be a USB header.

I hope this works right. Thanks for the reply, but it really said "F_LINE_IN", and yes it looks to be a stero input to the pegatron MOB, but that is where it was plugged in. The connector is 4 pin female in line with a fifth plugged for orientation. According to HP this is a 15 in one reader(?) but it has four slots for various size boards, and I really liked using it. The other multi card readers I have been looking at all seem to use the USB bus. I fear I will never get this one running again. Looking for any kind of suggestions or leads. The HP part number for the reader is 504857-100 if that will help any one familiar with their gear.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

February 25, 2012 8:53:27 PM

That 4-pin header is likely a USB port (+5V, Data+, Data-, GND). They're usually ganged in pairs but occasionally OEMs will use a singe port to support card readers and the like. If you're feeling adventurous, you can try to plug the OEM card reader to a USB header on the new motherboard. Nominally, the wires are arranged by the following colors:
Red: +5V
Black: Ground
Green: Data+
White: Data-
February 29, 2012 2:14:21 PM

sewalk said:
That 4-pin header is likely a USB port (+5V, Data+, Data-, GND). They're usually ganged in pairs but occasionally OEMs will use a singe port to support card readers and the like. If you're feeling adventurous, you can try to plug the OEM card reader to a USB header on the new motherboard. Nominally, the wires are arranged by the following colors:
Red: +5V
Black: Ground
Green: Data+
White: Data-

Thank you for your help. After your hint, I figured it out and was able to plug it in properly with the USB connection on the MOB. Greatly appreciated.
Score
February 29, 2012 2:15:25 PM

Best answer selected by fishone7.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 29, 2012 3:34:09 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!