Closed Solved

Pegatron Motherboards WHAT IS THE F_LINE_IN CONNECTOR?

Have a simm card reader that was plugged into the F_LINE_IN connector on the PEGATRON M2N78-LA MOTHER BOARD. I had to replace the MB with a new ASUS m4a88t-m MOB, and cannot find any where to plug the connector that was on the F_LINE_IN connector. Any help available on this one??
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about pegatron motherboards f_line_in connector
  1. You're probably misreading the silkscreen markings on the board. F_LINE_IN should refer to the connector for the front panel audio input jack.

The only common port I can imagine for connecting a SIMM card reader (are you sure you don't mean flash memory card reader) would be a USB header.
  2. sewalk said:
    You're probably misreading the silkscreen markings on the board. F_LINE_IN should refer to the connector for the front panel audio input jack.

The only common port I can imagine for connecting a SIMM card reader (are you sure you don't mean flash memory card reader) would be a USB header.

I hope this works right. Thanks for the reply, but it really said "F_LINE_IN", and yes it looks to be a stero input to the pegatron MOB, but that is where it was plugged in. The connector is 4 pin female in line with a fifth plugged for orientation. According to HP this is a 15 in one reader(?) but it has four slots for various size boards, and I really liked using it. The other multi card readers I have been looking at all seem to use the USB bus. I fear I will never get this one running again. Looking for any kind of suggestions or leads. The HP part number for the reader is 504857-100 if that will help any one familiar with their gear.
  3. Best answer
    That 4-pin header is likely a USB port (+5V, Data+, Data-, GND). They're usually ganged in pairs but occasionally OEMs will use a singe port to support card readers and the like. If you're feeling adventurous, you can try to plug the OEM card reader to a USB header on the new motherboard. Nominally, the wires are arranged by the following colors:
    Red: +5V
    Black: Ground
    Green: Data+
    White: Data-
  4. sewalk said:
    That 4-pin header is likely a USB port (+5V, Data+, Data-, GND). They're usually ganged in pairs but occasionally OEMs will use a singe port to support card readers and the like. If you're feeling adventurous, you can try to plug the OEM card reader to a USB header on the new motherboard. Nominally, the wires are arranged by the following colors:
    Red: +5V
    Black: Ground
    Green: Data+
    White: Data-

Thank you for your help. After your hint, I figured it out and was able to plug it in properly with the USB connection on the MOB. Greatly appreciated.
  5. Best answer selected by fishone7.
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus SIMM