Laptop is extremely hot.

Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv6 (laptop), with AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M620. My graphics card is ATI Radeon 4650 series. I've heard that this computer will be hot, but didn't know it would be burning, even when trying to run not too demanding games. Apparently, my CPU core temperatures idle at around 70 degrees C and when I'm playing a game, it'll soar to around 95 degrees C. I was wondering if it was a problem with the system and whether there is a possible solution to such high temperatures.
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop extremely
  1. 95 Celsius is insane. I doubt if the temp sensor gives you the correct reading. Use a different software to read the temp.

An attempt to decrease a laptop cpu temp would be to clean your laptop fan and heatsinks. Re-apply the thermo paste.
  2. invest in a good laptop cooling pad

and as beyond said check with a few different temp monitors

also

found this on a different forum

Try this:

Hello,

I decided to sacrifice 1 percent (just) of performance for the sake of cool temperatures and silent fan. I have HP DV6, with AMD Turion RM-74 and HD4650.

So, Yes, You will loose up to 1 percent Your CPU power, but heyh, this processor is so fast that You will barelly notice the change. You will still watch HD content with 720p and everything else smoothly. Note, that gaming will be harder part but consider Your laptop not as a device created for heavy gaming.

However,

I rarely do play NBA 2K10 on my laptop. It is very cpu demanding. After I've done the above, my CPU temp never reached beyond 71 percent while gaming, GPU - 75 percent.

Without the above mentioned my CPU went over 100 and GPU over 90.

No more overheating.

So, how to reduce Your notebook temps:

(i) Power Options -> More power options,

(ii) Balanced plan -> Change settings,

(iii) Change advanced power settings

(iv) Processor power management -> Maximum processor state -> On Battery - 50 percent, Plugged in - 99 percent.

(vi) Save changes and close.

Now, mine temperatures are - idle 48, heavy load - 57, extremelly heavy load (HD 720p content) - 62-63. (At the moment my CPU cores are at 47 celsius).

from this link
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Pavilion-dv6-Overheating/td-p/304505
  3. Trepints said:
    Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv6 (laptop), with AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M620. My graphics card is ATI Radeon 4650 series. I've heard that this computer will be hot, but didn't know it would be burning, even when trying to run not too demanding games. Apparently, my CPU core temperatures idle at around 70 degrees C and when I'm playing a game, it'll soar to around 95 degrees C. I was wondering if it was a problem with the system and whether there is a possible solution to such high temperatures.

Hi there,

i have the same problem. Idle temp. 70C, load 90C.

How did you solve this?
  4. hi well I think you should use a cooling pad or a fan for your laptop and if possible avoid spending more time in playing games
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Laptops