Amd brazos

Hello,I'm trying to find find a laptop to run autocad, some programming work, and Photoshop.
do you guy think this will suffice. i'm on tight budget.
AMD Brazos dual core E-350 1.60Ghz
4 gb DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6310
17 answers Last reply
More about brazos
  1. running autocad on that slow of a processor, maybe but it wouldn't run very good without a faster clocked dual core or at least a quadcore.
  2. You can't expect a Ferrari for Kia money.
  3. mightymaxio said:
    running autocad on that slow of a processor, maybe but it wouldn't run very good without a faster clocked dual core or at least a quadcore.

ok..what about WITHOUT autocad..only for programming and maybe a little photoshop and video editing..

i found this with adding $30

AMD Athlon II x2 P360 2.3Ghz
    1GB DDR3 RAM
    ATI MObility RAdeon HD 4200 256MB 32Bit

is this ok?
  4. You will definitely want an X2 over a Brazos at half the speed....

I'd investigate i3 based laptop prices....
  5. mdd1963 said:
    You will definitely want an X2 over a Brazos at half the speed....

I'd investigate i3 based laptop prices....

there's i3 with +$90 but i think it's over my budget
    before i have

intel core2 dua t6600 2.2Ghz
    intel GMA 4500M
    2GB DDR3 ram

which one is better? this intel laptop or that amd one?
  6. geekapproved said:
    You can't expect a Ferrari for Kia money.

yea..agree..but still money is the issue here..as long as i can do programming work, run some maths software like maple and mathematica, i'm good to go.
  7. Is that what you already have?
    Plop in 2GB and maybe a cheap processor upgrade.
  8. Timop said:
    Is that what you already have?
    Plop in 2GB and maybe a cheap processor upgrade.

are you talking about that intel laptop.
    that was what i had before. so, i'm comparing that amd with intel because i use that intel laptop before, it's runs ok. i can do my work without glitch. if the amd performance in par with intel, i'll go with that amd laptop. (i'm considering upgrading amd latop with 4 gb ram).

besides, i bought that intel laptop 2 years ago $250 higher than taht amd laptop today.
  9. GPU wise the AMD is about ~2X better, CPU-wise not so, the T6600 offers ~50% better performance than a E-350.

If you want an upgrade, wait for Llano, the dualies should offer performance that better than your setup, have decent battery life and be pretty cheap.
  10. Timop said:
    GPU wise the AMD is about ~2X better, CPU-wise not so, the T6600 offers ~50% better performance than a E-350.

If you want an upgrade, wait for Llano, the dualies should offer performance that better than your setup, have decent battery life and be pretty cheap.

what about the amd x2 with t6600? GPU will help on the graphic worh, but not the programming right. so, which one have overall better system..combining bot cpu and gpu.

AMD brazos e-350 dual core 1.60Ghz
    4 gb DDR3 RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6310

or

AMD Athlon II x2 P360 2.3Ghz
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    ATI MObility RAdeon HD 4200 256MB 32Bit

or

intel core2 dua t6600 2.2Ghz
    intel GMA 4500M
    2GB DDR3 ram
  11. How much are those? The P360 is pretty much on par with the T660 with a bit better graphics.

Is this in your price range: http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/WW-USSMBPublicStore-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductUUID=xiYQ7EN5DEwAAAEwGGdWzlSx&CatalogCategoryID= ?
  12. Timop said:
    How much are those? The P360 is pretty much on par with the T660 with a bit better graphics.

Is this in your price range: http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/WW-USSMBPublicStore-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductUUID=xiYQ7EN5DEwAAAEwGGdWzlSx&CatalogCategoryID= ?

the AMD brazos system - $430- ASUS
    the AMD x2 system - $470- TOSHIBA
    my budget is below $500
  13. Dells has the Latitude 14 with the 2310 for $450:
    http://www.logicbuy.com/deals/dell-vostro-3450-laptop/31806.aspx
  14. Timop said:
    Dells has the Latitude 14 with the 2310 for $450:
    http://www.logicbuy.com/deals/dell-vostro-3450-laptop/31806.aspx

anything cheaper than that?
  15. Timop said:

i found one with the same price as AMD system i told before

intel pentium p6300 2.27Ghz