Rma a damaged board or put in the garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohascott

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I have a board that has damaged pins on the Intel socket.

I am not 100 percent if i did it and also not sure when this happened.

Its too late to send back to newegg.

If i try to rma to the manufacture what will they do or say?

Solution
You are welcome to call our tech support at 916-377-7000 if the damage was done by you then they generally don't allow RMAs on it. If however it was how the board was when you got it then I have heard of them doing RMAs in the past.

Also if there are only a couple pins bent you might try very carefully to bend them back by using a mechanical pencil (.5) I have seen this work before but you have to work very carefully to get it back where it should be. Only try to fix it if you have talked to tech support first and they won't RMA the board.

Christian Wood
Intel® Enthusiast Team
You haven't given enough information about what happened, how old it is, what board, why? So nobody can really help you.

So if you just opened the board and it has bent pins = you didn't do it ?

If you took the computer apart and then saw bent pins = you did it ?

The cpu socket comes with a pin protector on it. The pins can only get bent if the socket protector is missing....

I mean this isn't rocket science.

alohascott

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
ok about recycling.

and my best guess is

if I damaged it

I damaged it trying to put on the stupid socket protector.
A piece of shipping tape would have worked better.

and why do you need to know how old the board is?

do you think I would try to RMA a board that is out of warranty??

I did mention it’s too late to return to Newegg
so read between the lines please!!
can you infer anything from that statement?
YES you can
if you have a functional brain.
rocket science man

You are welcome to call our tech support at 916-377-7000 if the damage was done by you then they generally don't allow RMAs on it. If however it was how the board was when you got it then I have heard of them doing RMAs in the past.

Also if there are only a couple pins bent you might try very carefully to bend them back by using a mechanical pencil (.5) I have seen this work before but you have to work very carefully to get it back where it should be. Only try to fix it if you have talked to tech support first and they won't RMA the board.

Christian Wood
Intel® Enthusiast Team

Solution

Yes I think you might try to RMA a board that is out of warranty. I hear about it every day from every noob that posts on here.

Speaking of functional brains, please try to use proper English and punctuation when attempting to write a paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.