Asrock H61M VS displaying no video

psxanarchist

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
JUST got all my parts & put my new PC together & the PC boots & the internal fans are running, but there is no video displayed. I have tried using the VGA onboard graphics connector to the VGA port on my TV & get nothing. I also get nothing when connecting the HDMI cord from the 6870 to my TV as well & nothing displayed. I cannot access the BIOS as I cannot see the screen.

CPU INTEL|CORE I3 2120 3.3G 3M
MB ASROCK|H61M-VS H61 LGA1155
VGA SAPPHIRE|100314-3L HD6870 1G
MEM 4Gx2|CORSAIR CMX8GX3M2A1333C9
HD 160G|WD 7K 8M SATA2 WD1600AAJS
PSU XFX | P1-450S-X2B9 450W
DVD BURN SAMSUNG | SH-222BB/BEBE

More than likely I made a mistake of installing my 6870 BEFORE my first boot which possibly could have tripped the mobo to disable the onboard VGA, & now I won't know if that is the case. I have since taken the 6870 out of the PC & still not getting the onboard VGA graphics to work.

HELP!!!

psxanarchist

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

Yes previously I had the 2 6pins leads connected from the PSU to the 6870. There is no graphics either with the 6870 installed or without via the onboard graphics.

OK, 4 pin on your mobo.

jtkves.jpg

psxanarchist

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

Gotcha, I DO see that 4 pin receiver, but I don't necessarily have a 4 pin power lead. I didn't have anything connected to it. I have one wire from PSU that ends in double 4 pins right next to each other, would be able to push one aside & affix it to mobo if that is correct.

Thanks ahead of time.

[UPDATE]
Just did what I said above & pushed a 4pin in there, I am now getting VGA from onboard to TV. With the mobo CD in the drive & rebooting, it's hanging at a screen saying "generate serial ata driver diskette y/n" & if I hit no it just reboots again & same cycle. If I take out the CD it requests I put it back in. We're getting there, but still need help. :D

U need to install the windows first, did u do that?

psxanarchist

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

GAH, what a noob I seem to be today. No, windows is not yet installed & it seems my upgrade disc I had ready won't work since this is new system & wants the old OS to upgrade from (which was an OEM dell sytem & that disc long lost & that hard drive fried). That really stinks, now I'll need $189 Full version Windows? I need a friend with full version discs so I can install, I got my own good Windows 7 serial key.

Yeah, that would solve your problem : ))

psxanarchist

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

Well thank you very much for helping! At least we got the VGA graphics working from onboard to TV. I am scouring the web & ebay for a cheap FULL retail copy of Windows XP to upgrade FROM (cheaper than buying Win 7 full since I already purchased the student upgrade like 2 years ago). Sucks having a $600 paper weight currently, but will sort out the OS & hit the forums up if I encounter some more issues.

I would not buy it from the eBay, as there is lots of scammers and your key may stop working one day out of blue ...

And u can do the upgrade without installing the XP.

Clean Install Windows 7 With Upgrade Media

psxanarchist

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

OMG I hope this works!! :D I am DLing the ISO file now, will report back, THANKS AGAIN!!!