Asrock H61M VS displaying no video

JUST got all my parts & put my new PC together & the PC boots & the internal fans are running, but there is no video displayed. I have tried using the VGA onboard graphics connector to the VGA port on my TV & get nothing. I also get nothing when connecting the HDMI cord from the 6870 to my TV as well & nothing displayed. I cannot access the BIOS as I cannot see the screen.

CPU INTEL|CORE I3 2120 3.3G 3M
MB ASROCK|H61M-VS H61 LGA1155
VGA SAPPHIRE|100314-3L HD6870 1G
MEM 4Gx2|CORSAIR CMX8GX3M2A1333C9
HD 160G|WD 7K 8M SATA2 WD1600AAJS
PSU XFX | P1-450S-X2B9 450W
DVD BURN SAMSUNG | SH-222BB/BEBE

More than likely I made a mistake of installing my 6870 BEFORE my first boot which possibly could have tripped the mobo to disable the onboard VGA, & now I won't know if that is the case. I have since taken the 6870 out of the PC & still not getting the onboard VGA graphics to work.

HELP!!!
17 answers Last reply
More about asrock h61m displaying video
  1. Hi there, do u have the PSU power wire connected to the GPU?
  2. nikorr said:
    Hi there, do u have the PSU connected to the GPU?

Yes previously I had the 2 6pins leads connected from the PSU to the 6870. There is no graphics either with the 6870 installed or without via the onboard graphics.
  3. And the 8pin to mobo?
  4. nikorr said:
    And the 8pin to mobo?

No 8 pin here, a 24 pin connects to the mobo
  5. OK, 4 pin on your mobo.

6. It is marked as 12v ATX...
  7. nikorr said:
    OK, 4 pin on your mobo.

http://i44.tinypic.com/jtkves.jpg

Gotcha, I DO see that 4 pin receiver, but I don't necessarily have a 4 pin power lead. I didn't have anything connected to it. I have one wire from PSU that ends in double 4 pins right next to each other, would be able to push one aside & affix it to mobo if that is correct.

Thanks ahead of time.

[UPDATE]
    Just did what I said above & pushed a 4pin in there, I am now getting VGA from onboard to TV. With the mobo CD in the drive & rebooting, it's hanging at a screen saying "generate serial ata driver diskette y/n" & if I hit no it just reboots again & same cycle. If I take out the CD it requests I put it back in. We're getting there, but still need help. :D
  8. psxanarchist said:
    Gotcha, I DO see that 4 pin receiver, but I don't necessarily have a 4 pin power lead. I didn't have anything connected to it. I have one wire from PSU that ends in double 4 pins right next to each other, would be able to push one aside & affix it to mobo if that is correct.

Thanks ahead of time.

[UPDATE]
    Just did what I said above & pushed a 4pin in there, I am now getting VGA from onboard to TV. With the mobo CD in the drive & rebooting, it's hanging at a screen saying "generate serial ata driver diskette y/n" & if I hit no it just reboots again & same cycle. If I take out the CD it requests I put it back in. We're getting there, but still need help. :D

U need to install the windows first, did u do that?
  9. nikorr said:
    U need to install the windows first, did u do that?

GAH, what a noob I seem to be today. No, windows is not yet installed & it seems my upgrade disc I had ready won't work since this is new system & wants the old OS to upgrade from (which was an OEM dell sytem & that disc long lost & that hard drive fried). That really stinks, now I'll need $189 Full version Windows? I need a friend with full version discs so I can install, I got my own good Windows 7 serial key.
  10. psxanarchist said:
    GAH, what a noob I seem to be today. No, windows is not yet installed & it seems my upgrade disc I had ready won't work since this is new system & wants the old OS to upgrade from (which was an OEM dell sytem & that disc long lost & that hard drive fried). That really stinks, now I'll need $189 Full version Windows? I need a friend with full version discs so I can install, I got my own good Windows 7 serial key.

Yeah, that would solve your problem : ))
  11. nikorr said:
    Yeah, that would solve your problem : ))

Well thank you very much for helping! At least we got the VGA graphics working from onboard to TV. I am scouring the web & ebay for a cheap FULL retail copy of Windows XP to upgrade FROM (cheaper than buying Win 7 full since I already purchased the student upgrade like 2 years ago). Sucks having a $600 paper weight currently, but will sort out the OS & hit the forums up if I encounter some more issues.
  12. psxanarchist said:
    Well thank you very much for helping! At least we got the VGA graphics working from onboard to TV. I am scouring the web & ebay for a cheap FULL retail copy of Windows XP to upgrade FROM (cheaper than buying Win 7 full since I already purchased the student upgrade like 2 years ago). Sucks having a $600 paper weight currently, but will sort out the OS & hit the forums up if I encounter some more issues.

I would not buy it from the eBay, as there is lots of scammers and your key may stop working one day out of blue ...

And u can do the upgrade without installing the XP.

Clean Install Windows 7 With Upgrade Media
  13. If u have your serial # get W7 here http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65805/X15-65805.iso
  14. nikorr said:
    If u have your serial # get W7 here http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65805/X15-65805.iso

OMG I hope this works!! :D I am DLing the ISO file now, will report back, THANKS AGAIN!!!
  15. Cool. Use the USB2 pen drive instead of the DVD disc.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASRock VGA Motherboards Product