Building a new pc for gaming. Need some advice.

Millerdis

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Hi there!

This is my first post and thread in this forum so please go easy on me. :D I'm not some sort of computer genius also. Just a regular gamer who wants to update/build up a new pc. And now i need some good advice.

So i am planning to buy all the new components that i need in the end of summer. Lets say in the beginning of september, so there is lots of time for this.

I have done some homework and research on those components for almost 2 weeks now.

So heres what i found:

*EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SC

*AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE

*Corsair DDR3 2000MHz 8GB (2 x 4GB)

*CORSAIR 1000W

So there will be a new gpu, cpu, ram and psu.

Here are my old pc specs:

*XFX GeForce GTX 275

*AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.80 GHz)

*MSI MS-7551-020 (KA780G-M) AMD motherboard

*(don't know the name) 650w PSU

*4GB RAM (2 x 2GB)

*WD Caviar Green 2TB

So i want to keep only the motherboard if it is possible.

At first i need your rating about my choice that i made and any advice will be appreciated!
Also i have punch of questions that need to be answered.

About my motherboard.. Is it even possible to fit the gtx 580 to ms-7551 motherboard?
And same question for a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T. Is it possible with a ms-7551 mobo?
How these three components would work together? Will there be any bottlenecks?

As for more information about MS-7551 motherboard:
It has DirectX 10 support (so DirectX 11 should be also possible).
It's maximum support is Phenom.
It is AM3 CPU Ready (so comparing amd phenom x6 wich is AM3 as well... it should fit, right?).

I think these are all my questions for now.

But talking about my near future plans.. I want to upgrade this system even more. Maybe at the end of this year i will make the upgrade.

So i want to buy a new pc case, new mobo, another gtx 580 (so i can use SLI) and water cool my system as well.
For a case i have choosed Antec Twelve Hundred. It has a good price of it's kind and has good fan cooling system. It also allows to setup water cooling tubes through the case.
As for the motherboard i really have no idea. So i need your suggestions. As for sure it has to be SLI and fit well with Phenom X6 1100T and GTX 580. And also it should be overclockable and that allows water cooling.

But this is not so important right now. This is just what i am dreaming about. lol :D
More important is what i really going to buy at the end of this summer. So what do you think about these four new components? How will they all work together? And will they fit with this msi mobo?

A big thanks to all who can help me out with all these questions! :hello:

hi2udog

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
If your waiting that long and still doing the AMD route, bulldozer should be out by then. Would be wise to wait and see how all of that turns out

Millerdis

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Yeah, i have heard of these bulldozers, but actually don't know anything about them.
How powerful are these bulldozer cpu's comparing with Phenom II X6 1100T?

I think that maybe the price will be too high at the beginning when these cpus arrive in the market. I don't want to waste any more money on that.