Bad Bios or Bad Mobo ?

mosco2005

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Howdy folks, I was hoping someone here can shed some light on this situation.

Ok so recently I replaced my Asus GTX550 Ti, with a Sapphire 5830 Extreme graphics card.
I never had any issues with my 550Ti, but for some reason my Mobo just isn't liking the ATI card.

In some cases the machine will boot up fine with my monitor plugged into the Nvidia card, other times the Mobo doesn't detect it.
I have even had to reset my Cmos just to get the card working. As soon as I unleash my Cpu cores, overclock etc, change any mobo setting, it doesn't detect the ATI card.

mosco2005

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
I have more then enough watt's for the Video card 900watt Apevia Warlock II, and I'm using an M5A78L-M LX Mobo.

( Just an Update, Switched the graphics Cards around between my computer and the wifes and the ATi card works fine in her comp and the Nvidia fine in mine, just not the ATi)

ATI graphics cards are affected by that motherboard's Surround View BIOS setting. NVIDIA cards don't have any effect on that setting so that's why it works without problems.

The setting can be set to [Disabled] instead of the default [Auto]. Play around with that BIOS setting and see if it has any effect on your problem.