Motherboard Hardware Setup: System Panel Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsOlympics

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
I'm building my computer and I'm trying to connect 4 cables running from the top of my case to a 9-pin panel. The four cables are Power LED, Power Button, HDLED and Reset.

o o o o
o o o o o
(Ghetto representation on how the pins are aligned on the mobo)

The manual tells me to connect the LED and the Power on the top row, and the other two on the bottom row.
My issue is that the LED is 3 pins and the Power is two pins. This obviously doesn't fit.

When I plug the LED in the three labeled, the Power light turns on when I get everything going but the computer doesn't run.
If I choose to put the Power plug in, the computer turns on but the LED doesn't light up. It's one or the other.

Does anyone who owns a Lian Li case or ASRock H61M mobo have any experience with this issue? If not, do you have suggestions in what I should do? Is the Power LED purely cosmetic?

I can take pictures of the manual, board and the cables if you really would like to help.

Solution

The issue is that the pled connector is a 3 slot connector , thing is, it only has 2 wires going into it.
Use a safety pin, or similar, to lift the plastic holding tab that locks the pin into the connector, remove pin , install pin where needed.

SDC10674.jpg

Allow the connector to hang over the header ( no, the pins weren't moved yet :kaola: )

SDC10608.jpg

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.