Sign in with
Your question

Asus GTX-460 VS EVGA GTX-460?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 17, 2011 1:38:39 PM

Hey Guys,

I have two options to choose from, ASUS ENGTX 460 1GB 256Bit or EVGA GTX 460 1GB 256Bit.

Both the Adapters have the same GPU that is NVIDIA GTX- 460. Which is DirectX 11 Compatible and both have the same memory range of 1GB. I know the GPU is the same but there must be some difference in performance between the cards.

Im thinking of building a custom rig, with a AMD Phenom, Asus AM3 Gaming Motherboard, 6GB of Corsair DDR3 and 1TB of Western Digital Hard-drive powered by a Seasonic M12II-620W.

Which one of the cards will perform better? Is there anything like, the ASUS card will perform better on the ASUS Motherboard?

Best Regards,

Rey_Ron
January 17, 2011 1:48:54 PM

Hi,

I think its best to wait for a few months, bulldozer will come out and it will be much better then AMD Phenom. GTX 560 will release this week or next week.
Just wait is my advice.If you cant wait: No, it wont preform better on an asus mobo i think. Both are good cards so chose witch one you like most.
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
January 17, 2011 1:55:40 PM

Well, waiting may or may not prove useful. Don't know what the prices will be yet so it's no good waiting if it's going to be over budget lol.

But yeah, there won't be a performance difference. At most one might have a slightly better cooler than another, which you can easily google some reviews of each to see which has lower operating temps.
m
l
!