Asus P8Z68-V: boot issues

doganharp

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Today I put together my new bare-bones kit from Tiger Direct, which you can see here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2062562&CatId=4149

Here are the specs:
Asus P8Z68-V mobo
Intel Core i7-2600K
16GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB
60GB SSD
1.5TB HDD
24x DVDRW
650W PSU

I put the system together meticulously and even hired a tech company who came out and verified that.

The BIOS loads fine, but refuses to boot anything, regardless of location, (disc drive, flash drive, hard disc). Even the ASUS Support DVD doesn't boot when loaded into the drive.

I've also tested all of the components and they seem to be working fine independently.

The only small success I've had so far was trying to boot from an XP Pro DVD. I got to the point where the Windows installation should have begun, then it blue screens every time.

I have updated my BIOS to the most current version, but without the assistance of the Support DVD, it's hard to know what my other options are.

Could my MOBO be malfunctioning just enough to load itself but fail to boot something else? I'm very confused... :\

~Grant

cody206

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Have you tried removing the 550 Ti and connecting your monitor directly to the DVI port? I have this motherboard and used the integrated for a while, but eventually added a 560 ti recently. I had to set the BIOS to boot using dedicated graphics manually. If you can't even get into the bios, this may be your problem.

doganharp

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
I've used both the blue and gray Sata Ports for all the drives, which has no effect on the outcome of the boot.

The RAM model is 4 x Corsair Vengeance 4GB

I haven't actually disconnected the 550 TI graphics card, but we did bypass it for awhile, which didn't effect anything.

I can get into the BIOS settings, I just can't load the ASUS Support DVD or Windows.

I also removed my CMOS Battery and it's currently resetting.