Just one question, not a whole build.

heavensords1

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I already have the build:

Motherboard- Asrock 870 Extreme3 USB 3.0 SATA 6 ($90)
Processor- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX ($140)
GPU- HIS H687F1G2M Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity ($215)
RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 4gb (2x2gb) ($50)
PSU- OCZ ModXStream 700W Modular PSU ($70)
Hard drive- Samsung F3 1tb ($62)
CD drive- SONY Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B – OEM ($17)
Case- Antec Three Hundred Illusion ($70)

But i'm looking for something that will hook me up wirelessly to the internet. Yes i already have a wireless internet (using it for a laptop right now)

If you want you can look over the build lol.

Thanks!

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
There are external solutions available too, such as this for an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166041

I just received a similar model to this that was on sale last week for $10 and free shipping. It had good reviews. I'll try it tonight.

There are a TON of these things on newegg's site and most of them get pretty bad reviews. I think that is a problem with buying electronics at the low price ranges. Whichever way you elect to go, study the user ratings carefully and maybe that will help you to get a reliable product. Also, these things seem to go on sale frequently.

(As an aside, I bought a PCI card for my computer several years ago. I could not get it to work and found that it was only compatible with the latest motherboards, mine that was a couple of years old would not work with it. I finally bought a different brand and got it to work but when my wife decided to connect her old computer I gave up and just ran a long wire around the room for her. Years have passed and I have a much more up to date computer now. Maybe these things have changed and they work great.(

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I connected my Rosewill dongle tonight. It was relatively easy to install the software then connect the dongle then connect to my router. I didn't have to shut off my computer or unplug anything, but the install process did require a reboot.

It seems to work well. The one that I got was probably on sale because it is a closeout, and it supports B and G but not N. In my normal internet use I don't detect any difference between running this computer wired and running it wireless.

TRENDING THREADS