Virgo's Burn At Start Of Game

Virgo's Burn At Start Of Game = Yes

What his the damage to the virgo ?

Can it be repaired right away ? or the repair wont work until turn x ?

Any other special limitation to the virgo or any other colonie starting
ships ?

I did a test game using ScriptZ0r, the virgo was fine, but all the other
ships had damage.
I suppose this is not like that in a game done with Master (or maybe I did
an error while creating the test game).

I have read both Com guide and found no info on this

http://www.vgaplanets.com/v4guide/colonies.htm
http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/com/com_guide.htm

Lord Lancelot

I believe the damage can be repaired right away. However, the
LightSpeed will still be disabled until later (turn 18?) and the
Virgo's top speed is 50 until that time as well.

RedHerring

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2003

The damage is every turn, starting at turn 4. On turn 4 the virgo takes
10% hull and 20% engine, plus can no longer lightspeed and max speed is
now 50ly. On turn 5 until the virgo stops burning the hull is a flat 5%
but the engines damage can range from 1% to I think 4%. I know you can
take 4%, I just don't know if it is the highest amount of damage you
can take to the engines. You can repair from the start of damage. It is
in your best intrest to start from turn 1 producing repair units with
the aries. Have the aries beam up all duranium from the start planet
surface, after that laser mine the rest. The best part is for the
first 2 turns you can light speed, and on turn 3 you can go 90ly. After
that the max speed for the virgo is 50ly as stated above. As for the
rest of the CoM fleet, most of the start ships have a lot of damage and
no armor.

Lord Lancelot wrote:
> Virgo's Burn At Start Of Game = Yes
>
> What his the damage to the virgo ?
>
> Can it be repaired right away ? or the repair wont work until turn x ?
>
> Any other special limitation to the virgo or any other colonie starting
> ships ?
>
> I did a test game using ScriptZ0r, the virgo was fine, but all the other
> ships had damage.
> I suppose this is not like that in a game done with Master (or maybe I did
> an error while creating the test game).
>
> I have read both Com guide and found no info on this
>
> http://www.vgaplanets.com/v4guide/colonies.htm
> http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/com/com_guide.htm
>
> Lord Lancelot

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Amaranthine wrote:
> I believe the damage can be repaired right away. However, the
> LightSpeed will still be disabled until later (turn 18?) and the
> Virgo's top speed is 50 until that time as well.

I've just started a game as CoM and still can't remember exactly but I
seem to remember that the Virgo starts with no damage but max speed 50
and then starts 'burning' after a few turns.

What I can remember is that it then starts taking hull and engine damage
each turn, if you have enough repair aboard (and it usually takes less
than 1000 per turn) the Virgo ends the turn with no damage. And the
Aries can make more than enough repair to keep up so long as you don't
try to repair all the armour on your ships at the same time.

Gary