No Video/POST/Beep on New build

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

It's me again.

New motherboard is in since last one had problems with DIMM slots. I have everything plugged in, but I get nada. The PSU and GPU are good, as I'm using the same ones on this computer.

I was just reading the troubleshooting guide that is stickied. I didn't try it with 1 stick of RAM...YET...but will do so a little later.

Anything else I should try for my next attempt at building the new computer together?

SteveGP

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
Does it even power up? Are the fans spinning and can you hear the drives running? Did you plug in the wires to the CPU and the motherboard? I forgot that the CPU require it's own power on my last build :)

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Thanks for replying :)

Yes, it powers up, all fans turn on (can see & feel them as haven't put side panel back on).

Yes, plugged in both the 20+4(mobo) and the 4+4 (CPU)

Any other suggestions, Steve or anyone? Anything will help, if I've done it, I'll let you know.

SteveGP

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I had a similar problem with my last build. The fans were spinning and the drives run but I didn't get a BIOS screen. The monitor didn't even detect a signal. I exchanged the MOBO but I had the same problem. I finally bought a new PSU (I was using my old one) and it fixed the problem.