Sign in with
Your question

No Video/POST/Beep on New build

Last response: in Systems
March 22, 2011 12:21:20 AM

Hi,

It's me again.

New motherboard is in since last one had problems with DIMM slots. I have everything plugged in, but I get nada. The PSU and GPU are good, as I'm using the same ones on this computer.

I was just reading the troubleshooting guide that is stickied. I didn't try it with 1 stick of RAM...YET...but will do so a little later.

Anything else I should try for my next attempt at building the new computer together?

More about : video post beep build

March 22, 2011 12:32:43 AM

Does it even power up? Are the fans spinning and can you hear the drives running? Did you plug in the wires to the CPU and the motherboard? I forgot that the CPU require it's own power on my last build :) 
m
l
March 22, 2011 12:40:09 AM

Thanks for replying :) 

Yes, it powers up, all fans turn on (can see & feel them as haven't put side panel back on).

Yes, plugged in both the 20+4(mobo) and the 4+4 (CPU)

Any other suggestions, Steve or anyone? Anything will help, if I've done it, I'll let you know.

m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 22, 2011 12:46:45 AM

I had a similar problem with my last build. The fans were spinning and the drives run but I didn't get a BIOS screen. The monitor didn't even detect a signal. I exchanged the MOBO but I had the same problem. I finally bought a new PSU (I was using my old one) and it fixed the problem.
m
l
March 22, 2011 1:14:46 AM

The PSU is good as I'm using it on this machine as I talk to you. Same GPU too.

Could it still be a bad PSU?
m
l
March 22, 2011 1:17:22 AM

You could try breadboarding. The link's in that sticky you were reading
m
l
March 22, 2011 1:17:58 AM

What brand and how much power does it deliver? what was your old system and what's in your new build. It may be a little underpowered for your new build.
m
l
March 22, 2011 1:59:20 AM

OCZ 700w StealthXstream II

This system (old) is
AMD Athlon 64 X2
Dell Motherboard

New System:
ASRock 870 Extreme 3
AMD Phenom II x4 655
m
l
March 22, 2011 1:59:55 AM

kilo_17 said:
You could try breadboarding. The link's in that sticky you were reading

I don't have room to breadbroad. Any suggestions?
m
l
!