Sign in with
Your question

Which brand for a 570?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 17, 2011 5:22:54 PM

Which brand would you recommend for a GTX 570? I don't plan to overclock or go SLI at the moment though.

Asus? Zotac? MSI? Gigabyte? Any other?

By the way,a brand called Leadtek has prices way below the other companies.Is it any good?

Thanks

More about : brand 570

a c 675 U Graphics card
January 17, 2011 5:30:37 PM

Most of those brands may be featuring identical stock versions of the GTX570, which is an excellent choice, so you would need to choose based on warranty and price.

However, some brands are offering custom versions with aftermarket cooling and designs, so those will be a little different than the stock versions. I believe the custom models are the Asus DirectCU, MSI Twin Frozr, Gigabyte Windforce, Palit Sonic Platinum, Gainward GLH, and maybe a couple others.

Can you confirm whether you are looking at just stock/reference models or are you considering one of the custom versions?
January 17, 2011 6:19:10 PM

I <3 my Gigabyte 570 :) 
Related resources
January 17, 2011 6:49:51 PM

17seconds said:

Can you confirm whether you are looking at just stock/reference models or are you considering one of the custom versions?

I believe they are NOT customized versions,like AMP! from Zotac.At least the stock coolers seem identical to me,with slight differences probably just of the shell.

The price is in descending order
Asus,Zotac,MSI,Gigabyte

There are no other brands of 570 at my local store.I may find other brands if I look at other stores but I doubt I'll find anything cheaper...
a c 675 U Graphics card
January 17, 2011 9:21:44 PM

anroin said:
I believe they are NOT customized versions,like AMP! from Zotac.At least the stock coolers seem identical to me,with slight differences probably just of the shell.

The price is in descending order
Asus,Zotac,MSI,Gigabyte

There are no other brands of 570 at my local store.I may find other brands if I look at other stores but I doubt I'll find anything cheaper...

In that case, I would go for the cheapest. Many people like Gigabyte and MSI, so those should be your choices. Functionally, all the stock cards should be pretty much identical. Be sure to check out the warranties and extras that come in the box, maybe there is some extra value in the bundle. My PNY came with a free HDMI cable, which can cost quite a bit if purchased separately.
January 17, 2011 11:07:12 PM

I personally would only consider cards backed by a lifetime warranty, so eVGA for nvidia cards.
!