Build what for what?

Tags:
  • Video Editing
  • Build
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 21, 2011 11:37:36 PM

Hello,
Has anybody out there actually built something lately from parts available in today´s market and its capable of fast video editing and converting?
Please... I don´t want to know about your dreams and what you wish to build "one day". I want to know you know what the hell you are talking about.
Thanks,
Spencer in Brazil

More about : build

Best solution

June 22, 2011 1:59:49 AM

People have built things all through the range, including the dreams of most of us. What matters, above all else, is your budget. How much are you willing to put into this thing? What we're really good at here at Tom's is getting the maximum performance out of a set amount of money.
The best possible video machine will be reached around $2500 or so. The area where prices start accelerating (mostly due to the video card(s)) is around $1500, which will still be a ridiculously good PC.
June 29, 2011 12:48:08 PM

OK.... I understand what you are saying. Look, I don´t need a gamer´s video card and Rampage motherboard.... What I am looking for is processing power and High storage & transfer capability. Maybe a dual monitor video card? I am also a firm believer in backing up data.... always do a backup or use a raid configuration!
My budget is open and can include a separate raid storage system.
Thanks for taking the time in helping me out here.
Regards from Brazil,
Spencer
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2011 12:48:55 PM

Best answer selected by spen007.
m
l
June 30, 2011 1:29:13 AM

Do you want a dual monitor for gaming, or just for normal use? For gaming, you'll need a wicked card, but for normal use any old card would be fine. A 5770 would be well over enough for non-game usage on multiple monitors.
For data movement, get an SSD or two. Put the OS and important, often-used files on it, and other files (documents, media) on a hard drive. Always back up, yes.
m
l
!