Help with newly built computer

blackb1rd88

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Hi guys. I've never actually posted on this forum, but I thought it would be most appropriate to post questions about new computer builds here. Here is the specs:

a. CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450
b. Mobo: Biostar A880G+
c. GPU: GeForce GTX 460
d. Hard drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3
e. Ram: Corsair XMS3 1600 4GB (2x2GB)
f. PSU: Corsair CX 430
g. Case: NZXT M59
h: Optic (CD/DVD/Blu-ray): ASUS DVD-RW
i: CPU Fan: Corsair A50

First of all, I tried installing windows 7 32bit (just because that's the one I had available. 64bit disc comes tomorrow). The DVD drive was making quite a bit of noise, which I didn't expect. The windows 7 splash screen came up, but the installation just sat got stuck right after pressing next on this screen. Could this be because the DVD could be scratched up? (It kind of is). Or could there be another problem?

Secondly, I tried unlocking the fourth core and got ACC has failed. Does this mean that I don't have a functional fourth core, or could it also mean that my PSU is too weak.

Thirdly, according to Biostar A880G+ spec on Newegg, ram support is up to 1333, can it also support my corsair xms3 1600, and if so, anything I should change in BIOS?

Hope someone could answer my questions. If anything sounds dumb, it probably is because I'm new when it comes to computer building.

Thanks!

blackb1rd88

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Okay, I got it to install, after disabling floppy drives from BIOS. As you may see, I'm running a GTX 460 768MB with CX430 with the following output (i don't know what it means, but seems like it's important?)

+3.3V@20A, +5V@20A, +12V@28A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@3A

Should I stick to this PSU if I'm not going to be doing that much gaming for now? Torchlight and SC2 are the only games I'd be playing right now.

I've been trying to install the driver for the card, but it keeps giving me no compatible hardware found. The fan is running on the /gpu.

blackb1rd88

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
I changed my dvi from motherboard to GPU because for three restarts the monitor showed nothing. After changing to GPU dvi, it's working. :) Cross finger. So is my assumption correct that the motherboard can disable its own video output?

blackb1rd88

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Already installed it. Haha. My question and your answers are out of sync :))) It's because so much changes from one minute to the next as I experiment with this computer for the first time. I'm just gonna tinker around a bit more and then if I do have any more question, I'll post it tomorrow. Thanks for all the help! Really appreciate it.