Sign in with
Your question

Please, Is This the Screw I should Remove on My VGA?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 17, 2011 9:08:40 PM

So I removed most of the big screws on the back plate of my Sapphire ATI 5870 card, but now do i remove these screws that are attached to the expansion slot bracket? --> http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5958/rimg0060.jpg

Also, what about these really small ones: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8774/rimg0059be.jpg

Thanks

More about : screw remove vga

a c 1382 U Graphics card
January 17, 2011 10:39:07 PM

So if you explain a little better what you are doing it would be easier to help. If you are taking the backplate off then the little screws probably have to come out but not the one holding the bracket.
m
l
January 17, 2011 10:43:44 PM

rolli59 said:
So if you explain a little better what you are doing it would be easier to help. If you are taking the backplate off then the little screws probably have to come out but not the one holding the bracket.

im installing a 3rd party Arctic cooling accelero VGA cooler, so am i so far doing it right? taking that back plate off? And so you saying dont unscrew the screws on the X shapped bracket thing?
m
l
Related resources
a c 1382 U Graphics card
January 17, 2011 11:47:11 PM

I was saying not the one for the slot bracket! Looks to me that you are on the right track.
m
l
a c 1382 U Graphics card
January 18, 2011 12:04:14 AM

Yes (was missing that picture in your first link, twice the same picture) those hold the heat sink on the GPU.
m
l
January 18, 2011 12:07:14 AM

rolli59 said:
Yes (was missing that picture in your first link, twice the same picture) those hold the heat sink on the GPU.

so once I unscrew those 4 bracket screws, the back plate will come off right, but the thing is, what direction, like should i flip it up, or just pull it up, or how does it comes off, pop off?

THANKS THANKS THANKS
m
l
a c 1382 U Graphics card
January 18, 2011 12:17:03 AM

Little bit of experiments, I think the back plate comes of easy after you take out all the other screws (Could be though snapped onto the face plate with plastic taps as well). The X brackets holds the heatsink on the GPU but it might be stuck on with the thermal compound.
It is just a matter being careful and make sure all screws are undone.
m
l
January 18, 2011 12:18:43 AM

rolli59 said:
Little bit of experiments, I think the back plate comes of easy after you take out all the other screws (Could be though snapped onto the face plate with plastic taps as well). The X brackets holds the heatsink on the GPU but it might be stuck on with the thermal compound.
It is just a matter being careful and make sure all screws are undone.

oh great, this is gonna be hard....here it goes
m
l
January 18, 2011 1:34:21 AM

gah...idk, I might give up, I unscrewed both screws on the front and every single scew...yet I dont understand how to get it off, Theres the back plate, the middle plate which is the Chip and GPU and all, then the top plate which is like the case....
m
l
!